Thread: Jagged Alliance Crossfire is a very hard game

Jagged Alliance Crossfire is a very hard game

I have started playing Jagged Alliance Crossfire and after some six to seven attempts, I have finally managed to complete the first level of this game. Again on the second level, I am trying it for fifth time still I haven’t been successful in completing it. I think that Jagged Alliance Crossfire is designed to be very tough. Can someone tell me if it is true or is it just me who is feeling it difficult?

Re: Jagged Alliance Crossfire is a very hard game

In Jagged Alliance Crossfire the field of view is very much less than that was available in Jagged Alliance 2. This makes it difficult for us to view at distance and plan our moves. I think that this is the main factor that is adding the difficulty in this game. Also we have low credit limit which makes it difficult to hire more than two mercenaries. Also there are around 5 compounds which we need to clear to complete the level. These 5 compounds are so tough that you are bound to get hurt easily. I too found Jagged Alliance Crossfire very difficult to play and I am still figuring out some way to complete it.

Another thing which I think makes the game difficult is the reduction in the amount of ammunition given to us. I am playing the coastal village level right now and I am out of bullets. Also I don’t have enough money to buy ammunition. I was running through this level and I was being fired upon from all sides. Now I am stuck with an empty pistol which is of no use to me. I don’t know how I am going to complete this level, but I am sure that further levels will be much tougher than this one. I don’t think that many of the people who are playing Jagged Alliance Crossfire must have reached far in this game.

I think I have figured out a way to finish levels easily and successfully. What I do is that I track the route from where the enemy usually invades. Once I get knowledge about it, I set ambushes in their paths. So as soon as they come close to me, my mercenaries start attacking them. The trick is that you should avoid you mercenaries from getting injured or hurt. Also when you ambush the incoming enemy, be sure that you pick-up loot as soon as possible. Using this fallen loot, you can bring in new mercenaries. If enough loot is not found, then at least you can get ammunition for surviving mercenaries.

One good feature has been provided in Jagged Alliance Crossfire, which is we can save the game between fights. As soon as you complete a fight, save the game. So that if you fail in the next fight, you can at least restore the point where you failed previously. I think one can utilize this feature for their benefit. Just see to it that you don’t save the game with enemy alive. If it happens, then you will load at the point where you will be getting shot at. This will turn out useless. Also make more than one save slots, so if you make a wrong move, you will be able to go more than one step back.

I think that you people should try playing the game by starting with Fox as your mercenary. She has a good default weapon which can be useful to clear out more enemies than other mercenaries. Also if you provide her with ample amount of ammunition, she can create havoc for the enemy.

I have successfully completed six areas using Fox and I think that she is the best mercenary available in this game. She can easily take upon the areas with as much as 9 enemies. I suggest you to give Fox a try before finishing a level. Recently, I defeated six defenders using Fox and she barely got hurt.

Many people use mercenaries who have abilities to regenerate their health or someone else’s health. But let me tell you that once you get injured, the enemy will finish you more easily as you tend to become more vulnerable. So use of health regeneration is not much. Instead you can go for mercenaries with large health by default. If you see, then mercenaries with large health don’t have health regeneration abilities. But mercenaries with health regeneration abilities don’t have good health. But when it is a question of survival, I think that mercenaries who can endure more bullets are useful.

I think that getting income in this game is difficult. You don’t get credit and money in this game easily. This part was much easier in Jagged Alliance 2 as compared to Jagged Alliance Crossfire. My suggestion is to save as much money as you can so that you can equip more powerful guns and ammunition. Also keep good amount of bandages with your mercenaries as they can help you to heal themselves in the game. If you have a mercenary with good attacking power, then keep pushing the enemy till they are over. Never defend with attacking mercenary.