Thread: Playing Sleeping Dogs Game on Windows XP

Playing Sleeping Dogs Game on Windows XP

I need some urgent help from you all guys. i have a group of 4 friends and we all pre-ordered the game together (each per head). Unfortunately, only i am the one having desktop running with Windows Xp and rest all are having Windows 7. The time we ordered the game, we dint checked the system requirements for Sleeping Dogs, or i guess they haven't released the requirements till then. Now, when i have got my copy, i found that there is no way to install/play this game on XP.

Can you guys please suggest me what can i do now ? Is there any way I mean any way to play this game on Xp system ?

Re: Playing Sleeping Dogs Game on Windows XP

I hope this is not your very first video Game on PC , because people first check system requirements before buying any game. How could you pre-order a game without seeing what you need to play it ? Anyways, as per your question, there is no way to run Sleeping Dogs on Windows Xp. Developers have clearly mentioned that it requires Windows 7 or Vista to play. No patch or tweaking can make it run on your system.

Yeah, i know i made mistake that i pre-ordered the game before they announced the config required. But what now ? I cannot let my dollars go waste.

Can you guys please let me know the process of getting refund ? Also do you thing they will return my money in return of the game disc ? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by RajiI View Post
    Can you guys please let me know the process of getting refund ? Also do you thing they will return my money in return of the game disc ? Please help.
    Unfortunately there is no way to get refund dude Also there is no proper reason for the game developers to return your money. It wasn't their fault to send the game disc neither the disc is faulty, it was you who bought it for XP. The only thing you can do is search for any guy at your place who is willing to buy the game. Sell him on discounted rate, atleast you will get some of your dollars back.

Alternatively you can put it for sale on some games selling online shop or forums. Probably do it on Ebay. I am sure somebody will surely buy it if you give them discount. And yeah, do it soon before the game gets old.