Thread: Is Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PC version worth it?

Is Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PC version worth it?

I just saw that Transformers: Fall of Cybertron has been released and I think that I will buy this game in coming days. I had played its previous part, which is Transformers: War for Cybertron. I am a PC gamer and thus I will have to buy the PC version of this game. In the shop where I saw the poster had placed a PS3 for displaying this game. I played some part of this game on the PS3 and I found the game exciting. But since the PC version will be a ported from console, I wanted to ask is it worth buying? I mean, I have always been disappointed by the porting done by the developers. What do people have to say about Transformers: Fall of Cybertron?

Re: Is Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PC version worth it?

The ported version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron for PC is very god. You will see that this game has better graphics when played in PC than those are available in Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Also the graphics have been greatly improved as compared to the last game. The textures and the detailing done to the models are great. The best parts about the graphics of the game are that they have added many colors to the game. The environment is colorful, the characters and everything else. One thing that disappointed me about the graphics of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is that some objects in the distance look blurry and there is loss of detailing on it.

One thing that disappointed me about the graphics of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is that some objects in the distance look blurry and there is loss of detailing on it.
    Actually the developers have used this technique to reduce the load on the hardware of the gamers who are playing Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. To make the environment look like sci-fi, there are lots of machines and metallic parts. Wirth so many detailing work and heavy textures, the computer would need t be of high end type. As you go far from any object in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, the quality of textures on it is reduced and level of detailing of objects goes low. This saves a lot of load from hardware which gives you a blurry look in the game. But one thing I would appreciate about the graphics is that they still wok smoothly when played in 1080p resolution.

One best thing that I found in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is that we can actually create our own transformer to use it in the multiplayer game. We can attach parts, weapons on the body to get the best transformer we want. I think that this is what made me love this game. But again this feature has its own drawbacks, like the abilities and the weapons are less in number. This doesn’t give us much flexibility in the gameplay. Also the transformation between the robot and the vehicle is very fast, we can’t even see what happened. Also vehicle form of the transformer needs to have some abilities. But overall the game is great. If you are a fan of transformers, then Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is a great game for you.

The multiplayer mode of Fall of Cybertron is kind of crappy and uninteresting. The main thing that makes it uninteresting is the slow pace of the game. Also there is no chat box for the players to interact in the multiplayer game. I think this is why this mode is bad, as there are no ways to establish team co-ordination. Also there is no co-op mode which makes the single player campaign more boring. The story is good, but I still feel that co-op mode would have made things more interesting.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is game where the story has been emphasized. From the games I have played all these years, the games which have story and more of in game interactivity don’t have co-op mode. Games with co-op mode have light story which takes place in cut scenes before the actual game starts. I think not having the co-op mode in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron actually beatifies the game and helps us to concentrate only on the story. Also there are many parts where we have to interact with the characters in the game to get more parts of the story. Also I don’t see that there is any need of the co-op mode in the single player game as there is nothing that will need us to have more than one player in the game.

I hate the key binding that is given to this game. This is biggest problem of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron for being ported from console. The key mapping is very bad and we cannot even customize it according to our comfort. I think that developers need to bring out a patch to rectify this problem. When I played Transformers: Fall of Cybertron using Xbox 360 gamepad, the controls were proper, but they are really bad using keyboard and mouse. Also the movie like effect given to the cut scenes in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron looks bad. I hated this game for this reason.

I loved the story of Fall of Cybertron, but I think that it is very short. I finished the game within 7 hours flat. The campaign needed to be of much longer duration than this. Developers could have just extended the story a bit more so that we could have got some extra fun out of it. I still haven’t tried the multiplayer mode in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, I hope it is nice. I think that such short duration of a game is expensive for price of $60.

I finished the game within 7 hours flat. The campaign needed to be of much longer duration than this. Developers could have just extended the story a bit so that we could have got much more fun out of it.
    If you just keep playing the missions, it is obvious that you will finish Transformers: Fall of Cybertron within short time. I actually finished this game in six hours in my second play through. If you play the game on lower difficulty levels, you will obviously finish it in short span of time. Try playing it on harder levels to see how much time it takes to complete Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. I am sure that you won’t finish in time less than 15 to 16 hours. Also if you are playing on normal or easier difficulty, then searching for audio logs and blueprints will cost you good amount of time. I have searched for most of them and it took me hell lot of time.

The multiplayer game in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is nice, but you need to have internet with good speed. Also many times the game crashes in multiplayer mode such that you have to go for hard reset on your computer. But single player mode is good and it will surely help you to have lot of entertainment. The multiplayer game works on host migration which works great. So if someone leaves the game in between, the server will bring another random player in the game to fill his/her slot.