Thread: What will be included in the single player version of Hero Academy on PC?

What will be included in the single player version of Hero Academy on PC?

I have been watching my friends playing Hero Academy on their PC against each other. I haven’t yet played this game but from the way they play it, I think that it must be some awesome game. I am planning to get it for myself too. But the problem is that I would like t practice the game in single player before jumping into the multiplayer mode of this game. I haven’t seen any of my friend play the single player mode of this game, can someone tell me what does the single player mode of Hero Academy consist of?

Re: What will be included in the single player version of Hero Academy on PC?

I would like to tell you that Hero Academy doesn’t have single player mode where you can create custom fights between the teas of this game. So forget about the practice thing you are talking about. The only thing that you can play in the single player mode is the challenge mode where you will throw into some scenario and you will have to beat the AI to win the round. I know that it sounds awkward to hear that there is no single player mode to the turn based action game, but yes it is the fact. The game is meant for multiplayer PvP matches and not for single player matches.

The bad part about the challenge mode is that there is no proper AI designed to it. The game runs like a pre-defined puzzle where a specific character will make a designated move at a designated turn. The AI doesn’t think of its own and you will have to just figure out some way to defeat it. Some puzzles in the challenge mode are so easy that you will figure out its solution just by taking a look at it. You won’t even need to think much. But some puzzles are tough enough to keep you busy for long time. But once you figure out the way around, you can even beat those puzzles. I think some improvement is to be made to the challenge mode of the Hero Academy.

I have played many turn based action game and strategy game on my smartphone, on PC and on internet. I have found that most of these games have single player mode where one can play against AI in a self defined game. We can set the type of game, type of environment, opponent kind and so on. This helps one to practice the game before jumping into the multiplayer mode of this game.

I think that developers should bring out such a mode where we will be able to practice the game and try out different strategies and weapons before using them in the PvP multiplayer game. I would really love to have such a single player mode in Hero Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by GaganGang View Post
    This helps one to practice the game before jumping into the multiplayer mode of this game.

I think that developers should bring out such a mode where we will be able to practice the game and try out different strategies and weapons before using them in the PvP multiplayer game. I would really love to have such a single player mode in Hero Academy.
    I agree with your point and I too think that such a game more should have been available in this game. When I was new to this game, I was beaten by some nasty opponents who I think knew every weapon and the feature of this game. But looking at the prize of this game, I think that such ideas should be avoided. If the Robot entertainment develops such patch or maybe game mode, they might even charge us $5 for this. Also this game is so boring that I don’t think that having single player mode will make it more interesting.