Thread: Hero Academy startup crash on windows 7

Hero Academy startup crash on windows 7

I have been trying to run Hero Academy on windows 7 but I don’t know why the game is getting crash at startup. As far as the game requirement is concerned my system is fulfilling at its best. I don’t think there should be any issue as such. I want to know if there is anything I need to check out in my system for running the game properly?

Re: Hero Academy startup crash on windows 7

I just wanted to know that are you running the game as admin? If not then try running the game as admin and see if that’s helping. I also wanted to know if you are getting any error message when the crash occurs, if yes then mention it in your next post so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing with this game.

Yes I am running the game as admin but that’s not making any difference. As far as error message is concerned it says "Hero Academy has stopped working". I have also tried restarting steam several times and have tried running the game with possible compatible modes but no avail. I am just welcomed with same error message whenever I am trying to run the game. I am just running out of ideas now, I want to get it this game working like others, so please help!!

I will suggest you to check out the below trouble shooting things and see if anyone of them is ending your issue.
    1. Update your graphic card driver – Make sure that you are updating to the latest available driver
    2. Verify the integrity of the game cache - right click > properties > Local Files
    3. Reinstall directx - Make sure that you are installing latest directx
    4. Reinstall game

Try out these things and post back the result you get after that.

This is what all I have tried so far:
    • Ran game as admin
    • Ran game with possible compatible modes but
    • Installed latest graphic card driver
    • Installed latest directx
    • Verified integrity of the game cache
    • Reinstalled game several times
    • Installed all possible windows update

Even after trying out all these things I am still getting "Hero Academy has stopped working" error message.

That’s weird, I don’t know why these things are not making any difference in your case, just let me know your system specification so that I can have clear idea of your issue and will try to help you with it further.

This is what I am having:
    • Windows 7 64-bit SP1
    • AMD Phenom II X6
    • 16GB RAM
    • nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with my system but I don’t know what’s causing the crash. Further help regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.

Hey I have been checking out for this issue and have come across a solution that has been mentioned as working for some people who were facing similar crash. If you want then you can try performing the same and check out if that’s helping you as well or not. You simply have to delete avformat-53.dll from hero academy folder and run the game, bets of luck.