Thread: Diablo 3 starter edition upgrade question

Diablo 3 starter edition upgrade question

I just bought the Diablo 3 starter edition and I think that this game is incomplete. The game doesn’t have full content. The game ends within the 13 levels itself, again there is no connection to play among the people who have purchased Diablo 3 starter edition, again we have to wait for two to three days before we can actually play the game after logging in the Diablo 3 starter edition. How many people think that Diablo 3 starter edition seriously needs some upgrades to solve these problems?

Re: Diablo 3 starter edition upgrade question

I too know that Diablo 3 starter edition seems broken and developers need to fix the problems that are present in it. The most disappointing part about this Diablo 3 starter edition is that it gives us a guest pass to give it to your friends who can download the game for himself and then play it in multiplayer mode. But the developers have still not made any provision using which the person with guest pass can connect to the person who is using Diablo 3 starter edition to play the game. I still don’t understand what the use was providing the guest passes if the plan was so.

Also the game is highly expensive. I think that $60 is just a steep price for a game like Diablo 3 starter edition. I think the guest pass should have been made optional. This would have reduced the price of the game considerably. The developers could have made a system where we can purchase the guest pass if only needed. For example, a person with Diablo 3 starter edition can redeem a code online and make payment to send some special id or link to the person he wants to give the guest pass to. The person would hen download the game. This system would have saved a good amount of money of the people who don’t need guest pass for Diablo 3 starter edition.

I played the game for four days and I reached level 13 in it. But the game has nothing designed anything above level 13 and this is creating problem for many. Reaching level 13 of this game is very easy and regular Diablo 3 players will find it easier. So we paid $60 for just having fun for four days. This is just so bad and I think that most of the Diablo fans must have been feeling disappointed because of it too. I know that developers will bring out more levels in coming days, but at least for the start of the game, they could have put at least till level 30. The game remains so short that we fail to enjoy it.

The game will be expanded when more people will join the game. It is obvious that making new levels for a game will need to have lot of investment in terms of man power, finance and other resources. I think that developers must not have got enough players for this game which they must have anticipated. Once they get enough gamers, they can go on developing the game so that they will get enough advertisers and people who will visit their game. I know that developers should have developed the game more than what it is at present and then released it, but again the regular diablo fans would have also forgotten about it.

The biggest problem with Diablo 3 starter edition is that it doesn’t grant quick access. I had brought Diablo 3 starter edition six days ago from now and registered it the moment I got home. But I didn’t get access to the game as soon as I registered. After three days, I got a mail which said that my registration I complete and I can now play this game. I think this three days period should be removed. I don’t think that in modern days, that too on internet registration should be this slow. There are many games in market and I have played many online games, but this is the first time I am experiencing something like this.

Actually the three days period in which the registration was not done was to control the spam or to moderate the accounts that are being used in the game. Many times it happens that some notorious people who come in the game put their profile picture such that it is offensive or insults some other people. Also many people put their username, gamer tag or in game name that might offend someone. I have seen some games where the names of the gamers tend to be some cuss word or bad words. There are many things that need to be moderated to avoid getting bad reputation to the game. I think that this must be the reason it takes three days for Diablo 3 starter edition to register on the server.

There are many things that need to be moderated to avoid getting bad reputation to the game. I think that this must be the reason it takes three days for Diablo 3 starter edition to register on the server.
    I agree with your point that when playing a game online, the users need to be moderated to avoid reputation of the game going down. But this doesn’t mean that you don’t let people play the game after days of registering. I have been playing Pirates of the Caribbean Online for a long time and it too has a strict moderation rule applied on it. But it doesn’t make the members wait for three days; instead they give immediate access to the game. The only thing is that your username and other details will go under moderation. Till then the player will have t use a temporary username which is some random alpha-numeric thing.