Thread: Legendary Weapons in Darksiders II to have static levels

Legendary Weapons in Darksiders II to have static levels

I have been playing Darksiders II for some time now and I have found one legendary weapon. I am on Level 5 and I have found Omega Blades which is of Level 6. I wanted to ask if Darksiders II will have static level for the legendary weapons or will they change depending upon the location and the player level we find it at? Can anyone who has reached further levels of Darksiders II tell me about it?

Re: Legendary Weapons in Darksiders II to have static levels

The legendary weapons of Darksiders II will have static levels in this game as they are hand placed in the game world by the developers. Also the number of legendary weapons are limited, maybe only one of a kind n every environment. So now in the first environment, if you have found Omega Blades at Level 6 and it too will be of level 6, then in the next levels and environments, the other Omega Blades if found will also be of same rating. The next legendary weapon that you will find will also behave similarly, which means, the level at which you will find, it will get locked at that level throughout the game.

The weapons in Darksiders II and their level are designed such that whenever you find them they will be in iteration of one or two levels from the level of character. For example, if you know a place where you will find a sword and you go there when at level 1, then the sword will be of level 2 or 3 for you. But if you go at the same place again after leveling to level 10, the sword can be of any level from 8 to 12. Also depending upon the category of the sword, like common, rare or so on, the sword will be found all over the game multiple times. So if you find the same sword in next area, it will have more level than before.

Thanks for telling me how the leveling system of weapons in Darksiders II works. Now if I ever find a legendary weapon in the game, I will remember its position on the map and load the game again. So when I reach a decent level, I will pick the weapon to get an enhanced legendary weapon. With such trick, I will be able to get powerful weapons in my inventory and that too of the legendary type. Though the static leveling system for legendary weapons is kind of boring, I think this adds an element of surprise to the game.

I find the legendary weapons in Darksiders II good only for selling them and getting the money to enhance the other weapons. The legendary weapons are good for use only for a short time. Since they cannot be found of level higher than which at they were found at first, I think that after you reach a certain level; you find other weapons more powerful than these legendary weapons. For example, I found a Hammer when I was on level 16 and the legendary hammer was of level 17. I found it powerful as other weapons at that point were of level 13 or level 15. But as I progressed, maybe till level 18, I found some other weapons of level 19. So as compared to these level 19 weapons, level 17 legendary weapons were weak. I again found the legendary hammer of level 17 when I was on level 23, but it was of no use then. So I sold it and got enough resources to upgrade the other weapons.

I think that rather than having the legendary weapons scattered all over the world for the players to pick up as they proceed, they should have been given to the players as an reward for completing certain missions or quests. This would have been appropriate way to get them. I mean a legendary weapon is not something that one will throw around for others to pick up. Developers could have shown these legendary weapons as someone’s family heirlooms or maybe some enchanted object protected by some group. This would have given a justification to the concept of legendary weapon in Darksiders II.