Thread: Unable to upgrade to Diablo 3 Starter Edition

Unable to upgrade to Diablo 3 Starter Edition

My Diablo 3 Starter Edition has been upgraded and I am assured as I can play game with others and access the auction house as well. The only problem that I am having is that I am not allowed to go past King Leoric. After defeating him I am getting prompt saying to upgrade. I don’t think I am doing anything wrong, it seems as if this is some kind of bug. Has anyone faced the same or has any idea about it?

Re: Unable to upgrade to Diablo 3 Starter Edition

I am going through the same and have come across others complaining about this issue. In my case my Diablo 3 Starter Edition upgraded 3 days ago and I dint had any issue in making the payment but I am still not able to go past King Leoric. I haven’t got any help from their side, some people have mentioned logging out of the game and resetting password has helped some of them but that’s not working in my case. I wish there could have been an easy way for checking the progress as it has been almost three days, their time period of 72 hours is coming to end and there hasn’t been any response from their side.

If you want then you can check out the below things to make sure that there is nothing wrong at your end.
    • First check out your bank transaction status, if it is pending then your upgrade might be in progress
    • Check out Blizzard purchase status and see if it is showing an anything else then completed, if it says anything than completed then it might be under progress.
    • If you find your bank transaction status and Blizzard purchase status as completed then try logging out and resetting your password via Account Mgt and see if you are getting any luck.
    • You can try killing King Leoric again after resetting password

Just try out these things and let me know what you find out.

You both can try out below steps as well:
    • If you haven’t patch the game then patch it first for removing leveling/content restrictions on your account. I have heard that some Starter accounts are still going through some restrictions.
    • As mentioned above you should check out the transactions and make sure that it is completed if you have past 72 hours
    • If that doesn’t make any difference then better log out of the game and reset your password so that you’ve past 72 hours account data gets refreshed.
    • Once you have endured all of the above things then you can try logging in again and killing King Leoric.

I am not sure if this will help or not but I have come across people things went good after checking out these things. If at all you face the same issue further then you can feel free to ask.