Thread: Darksiders II pre-order from Steam offers different features compared with THQ

Darksiders II pre-order from Steam offers different features compared with THQ

I was thinking of preordering Darksiders II and was checking out for it, surprisingly I have found that Steam is offering different features compared with THQ.

Steam is offering Limited Edition copy of the game (Includes Argul's Tomb) and 2 sets of weapons

Shop THQ is offering Limited Edition copy of the game (Includes Argul's Tomb), 2 sets of weapons and a Season Pass which is said to include 2 more DLC packs.

So what you sat guys, from where should I preorder it? Which will be a good deal according to you all?

Re: Darksiders II pre-order from Steam offers different features compared with THQ

I will suggest you to better get it from Steam and not from Shop THQ just because they are offering Season Pass for including more DLC packs. If you go through Shop THQ dlc terms and services then you will come to know that their digital content is only good for 2 years. So that means you won’t be able to download it after two years, two years is quite a long time but on the other hand steam offers it for lifetime. You don’t have to worry once you have preordered a game from steam ever after. I also wanted to add that no matter if you download it from Shop THQ or Steam if you will have to play the game using steam only.

Re: Darksiders II pre-order from Steam offers different features compared with THQ

Ok, thanks for sharing that I really wasn’t aware of those things. Anyways I wish even steam could have offered season pass. I have found that it will be getting deleted from shopTHQ after 30 days, don’t have much idea about the same but this is what I have come across.

I personally prefer steam as well, I have been downloading my games from it from a long time and I am quite satisfied with its service. As far as the season pass is concerned I think that it will be another serial number that will appear as DLC in Steam account. I haven’t preordered from shopTHQ so I don’t have much idea about it. If you have preordered from them and you are happy with what they offer then you can very well stick to them.