Thread: Play dialogue, cut scenes only once in A Virus Named Tom

Play dialogue, cut scenes only once in A Virus Named Tom

After playing A Virus Named Tom for four days I disliked one thing about this game very much. The idea of playing the cut scenes every time we load any level or restart any level seems very bad and boring. I mean, the story of this game is very minimal and not so important; there are no twists or suspense. There are not many characters and so on. So I think that cut scenes and dialogues are totally unnecessary. With the cut scenes loading every time we have to watch them every time, it becomes boring after some levels. Is there any way to skip the cut scenes or any option to disable the cut scenes?

Re: Play dialogue, cut scenes only once in A Virus Named Tom

I too find it irritating that we have to watch the cut scenes every time a level starts. It is fine till some beginning level, but becomes boring as the game advances. The levels become so hard that we have to restart the level many times or maybe we have to quit the game to get out of the frustration of the failed level and then again start the game to play the same level again. So this means that we have to watch the same cut scenes over and over again. Also there is never nothing new in the cut scenes that we have to wait for a long time. I too think that there should have been some way to skip those cut scenes.

I think that the developers of A Virus Named Tom should have kept the game such that the cut scenes would play only once for the first time we played a level and then never should have the cut scenes be played. This would have been better as well as comfortable for us too. Maybe the developers could have designed the cut scenes in such a way that one could have skipped them after some time or maybe for the second play through. After watching the cut scenes once, they become boring as they have nothing new to offer. Also the humor in it becomes stale after watching it once.

I think that developers need to bring out some patch that will help us skip the cut scenes and get into the game directly without having to wait for them to finish. I think these cut scenes which we aren’t able to skip are stealing all the fun out f the game. For example, after playing a level, I get hang of the game and feel that I can play the next level easily too. But the cut scene comes and beaks the link of play that I have achieved. I think it is time when somebody made a third party patch which can help us to have the cut scenes skipped when the they are playing on the screen.

I think that developers could have put the cut scenes along with the loading of the game. That would have been more useful as the game would have loaded as well we could have watched the cut scenes itself. Many games have achieved this before and I think that it could have even been implemented in A Virus Named Tom. This would have saved a lot of time and developers could have fulfilled their own wish of forcing the users to watch their cut scenes.