Thread: Achievements for A Virus Named Tom

Achievements for A Virus Named Tom

I am playing A Virus Named Tom on my PC and I have just unlocked a new achievement by name ‘Beam me Up’. I don’t know what unlocked this achievement. Also I had got some one or two achievements in past levels but didn’t notice it much. I wanted to know what the achievements in A Virus Named Tom are and has anyone unlocked all of them yet? Also can someone tell me what unlocks these achievements as I will try to gain them as soon as possible?

Re: Achievements for A Virus Named Tom

One of the commonly unlocked achievement in A Virus Named Tom is ‘The Dog days are Over’. This achievement can be unlocked by completing the story ‘Pet of Tomorrow’ of the game in single player mode. Another achievement that can be easily unlocked is ‘Leap before you look’. As the name is stupid, so is the method to unlock this achievement is stupid. You have to get your virus killed before it reaches the game board from the spawning point. One way to get this achievement is to die by getting hit by the anti-virus drone few seconds before the bomb explodes. Thus you will spawn a second or two before the bomb explodes and thus unlock this achievement. This achievement can also be unlocked in multiplayer modes. So all you have to do is go against a friend and let him kill you as you spawn.

You will need to complete ‘Teleporter’ chapter in the game’s single player mode of A Virus Named Tom to unlock ‘Beam me up’ achievement. Also completing the ‘Sidewalk of Tomorrow’ in the single player mode of this game will lead to unlocking of ‘One Small Step for Man’ achievement in A Virus Named Tom. If you can get the two energy pellets to revolve around Tom, you will unlock achievement by name ‘Helium’. Similarly getting three energy pellets to revolve around Tom will unlock an achievement named ‘Lithium’. This achievement can be unlocked in any game mode of A Virus Named Tom. Also getting an energy chain of 5 energy pellets can unlock an achievement by name ‘Macaroni Chain’.

I just unlocked an achievement by name ‘hotGirl365’ by completing the Holo Suit chapter in A Virus Named Tom in single player mode. Also there is a multiplayer version of the achievement ‘The Dog days are over’. You have to complete the ‘Pet of Tomorrow’ chapter in multiplayer mode to unlock this achievement. Also I have unlocked an achievement by name ‘Peeping Tom’ in multiplayer mode of A Virus Named Tom. If you are able to turn the pipes on other side of the barrier, then do it once in the co-op story mode. This will help you to unlock this achievement.

Completion of Hydrator chapter in single player mode of A Virus Named Tom will unlock an achievement by name ‘Steak n Eggs’. In the versus mode of A Virus Named Tom you have to defeat your opponent by infection domination to achieve ‘Dominatrix’ achievement. Also in the co-op mode of this game, you can get an achievement for blocking the escape route of your teammate to get his/her virus killed.

You will get an achievement by name ‘Et tu Brute?’ Also you can steal the energy from back of the chasing drone. This drone is in blue color. I know this needs great skills and practice, but if successfully done, you can get an achievement by name ‘Tom Burglar’.

I got a chain of 10 energy pellets to revolve around the Tom. This unlocked an achievement by name ‘Unobtanium Chain’. You can get the 10 energy pellets around the Tom in any of the game mode, single player or multiplayer. Also completing the ‘Teleporter’ chapter in multiplayer mode unlocks the ‘Beam me Up’ achievement in A Virus Named Tom.

One of the most surprising achievements in A Virus Named Tom is ‘Glitch Abstinence’.

The player has to complete the level 2-5 without dropping a single glitch in any game mode, which is single player or co-op mode. Now this is a wicked part from the developers as they know and also we know that it is one of the toughest levels in Glitch Abstinence.

Some other achievements that I found in A Virus Named Tom are listed below. I have also mentioned the condition needed to be completed to gain them.

• Survivor's Guilt: This achievement can be gained by not dying a single time in the versus mode and having total death count of 25 for other players.
    • Game Of Thrones: All the four players or any number of players in versus mode should conquer 500 tiles in order to get this achievement.
    • Energy Extremist: One has to beat the level 6-5 without stealing energy. This has to be done in the single player mode.
    • Adamantium Chain: This achievement can be unlocked by getting 20 energy pellets in a row.
    • Tomorrow Is History: This achievement can be unlocked by completing the City of Tomorrow in co-op mode of this game.

You can earn an achievement by name ‘Stack Overflow’ by collecting energy more than that can be accommodated in the HUD of the game. This achievement can be earned in any game mode of A Virus Named Tom. You can also get an achievement by getting your teammate on the other side of the blue barrier in the co-op story mode. This achievement is named as ‘The grass is always greener’. Also completing the City of Tomorrow chapter in A Virus Named Tom will give you an achievement by name ‘Tomorrow is History’. This achievement is only found in the single player mode of A Virus Named Tom. You will find some pre-baked scores in the high scores put in by the developers Tim and Jeremy. You have to beat this score in single player mode in levels above 3-1 to get an achievement by name ‘Coup d'état’. Also completing the ‘Sidewalk of Tomorrow’ in multiplayer mode of A Virus Named Tom will give an achievement by name ‘A small step for man’.

There are also some small achievements in the game that can be unlocked by performing some specific task in a specific level. For example, beating level 3-4 without stealing single energy will gain you an achievement by name ‘Energy Purist’. Similarly completing the level 4-5 without stealing energy will gain you an achievement by name ‘Energy Fundamentalist’.

These achievements can be unlocked in any game mode of A Virus Named Tom, which are single player mode and co-op mode. Also completing the Holo Suit chapter in Co-op story mode will get you an achievement by name ‘hotGirl365’. One of the toughest achievements that you will find in A Virus Named Tom is the ‘TOMicide’. To achieve this, all the 4 players in versus mode have to die at one moment. I know it will need high level of co-ordination, but it is possible.

If you successfully infect all the levels in Single player mode of A Virus Named Tom without skipping any single level, then you will get an achievement by name ‘Pandemic’. Also completing the ‘Hydrator’ level in co-op story mode will get you an achievement by name ‘Steak n Eggs’. If you can get all the players past the blue barrier in co-op story mode of this game, you will be awarded with an achievement by name ‘Flipping Bits’. Another achievement in the versus mode of this game that you can achieve is the ‘Slaughter House’. You have to get a score of 80 TOMs to gain this achievement. Also having 4 energy pellets revolving around Tom will get you an achievement by name ‘Berrylium’. Also getting higher score than that of the pre-baked score of developers in co-op mode of A Virus Named Tom will get you an achievement by named ‘Coup d'état’.

Here are some more achievements that you can earn in A Virus Named Tom. See if you can achieve them as some of these are totally unachievable.

• Gold Boat: This achievement can be unlocked by earning gold in every level of this game in co-op mode.
    • Air Raid: This achievement can be earned in versus mode by all the players drop total of 1000 glitch bombs. It will need more than 2 players to be achieved.
    • A Virus Named Ninja: This achievement can be earned by completing the level 6-10 without even dying once. This must be the toughest achievement to gain.
    • Genocide: This achievement can be gained by killing all the drones in level 3-6 in co-op mode.
    • Six Armed Monster: This achievement can be unlocked by completing any level above 3-1 in co-op mode by having 3 players using same keyboard.
    • Gold Boat: This achievement can be unlocked by getting gold in all the levels in Single player mode. If I’d have to rate this achievement then it will be of difficulty level infinite.
    • Pandemic: This achievement can be unlocked by infecting all the levels without skipping any level in the co-op mode of this game.