Thread: A Virus Named Tom game Release Date and Information

A Virus Named Tom game Release Date and Information

I just saw a teaser trailer of A Virus Named Tom on YouTube3 and I think it is a pretty good game to keep brain active. I am thinking of starting to play this game on my PC. But the problem is that the developers of this game are unknown to me. Also I have never played any game of such type. Can anyone tell me how the game is and what it will be like? Also it would be good if one could tell me the release date for A Virus Named Tom.

Re: A Virus Named Tom game Release Date and Information

A Virus Named Tom is a puzzle game which involves us to play as a virus whose intention is to spread infection in the circuits and destroy the mechanism. You will be tackled by the anti-virus drones who will try to thwart your attacks every moment possible. Very few games offer multiplayer mode in a puzzle game. But here in A Virus Named Tom one can play and solve the puzzles along with his 3 friends. The story of the game is simple, Dr. X works for MegaTech and he is the person behind the building the city of Tomorrow. In this city of Tomorrow, there are robot dogs and automated houses which can clean themselves and other such futuristic stuff. But as the city of Tomorrow gets completely built, MegaTech fires Dr. X. So to take revenge for this, Dr. X makes A Virus Named Tom and decides to spread it in the city of Tomorrow. Destroying this city and bringing it back to Stone Age is the main intention of Dr. X.

After watching the game’s image and video for the first time, I thought that it must be just another game where we have to lay pipes to help things pass from one end to another. But I was mistaken when I actually started playing the game. It is not we have to lay some pipes around; we have to arrange the pipes existing on the layout to complete the circuit and let the green light flow through them to spread the virus through them. There will be numerous grids on the layout which one has to turn and twist to complete the path required. The game doesn’t need you to take the things in sequence, but you can arrange any piece of the circuit in any manner you want, but finally all the pieces must be in order and the light must flow through it.

At first the game will look like a simple puzzle game where one has to just turn and twist the pieces of puzzle around to form a circuit. But the game throws lots of dangers at you that you need to avoid in order to complete the puzzle. There are anti-virus drones hovering around the circuit whose mere touch can destroy the virus. Then there are red pipes in the circuit which should not be made art of the whole setup. Also there are bombs which we need to diffuse before they burst. There are energy particles that can cause explosion on collision and we need to avoid them from colliding. If this is not enough, then there will be locked pieces which can disrupt the flow and cause troubles to us.

One best thing about t A Virus Named Tom is that it has numerous puzzles which we need to complete. This makes the game playable for many days. Though the puzzles remain same, you must be thinking that though the game is long, for how many days it will entertain us. But let me remind you that after some two or three levels you might think that things are getting repetitive and that is when the game puts some new kind of obstacle or challenge which brings back the tough challenge in the game. You might complete the challenge in one or maybe two attempts. But achieving gold in each of these levels is not a kid’s play.

The important factor of A Virus Named Tom is that it makes you think beyond your capacity. At the beginning of the puzzle you might figure out which pipe you have to turn in which direction and for how many angles. But once you enter the puzzle, there are enough elements to confuse you. There are anti-virus drones; there are red blocks which cannot be used and many other such obstacles.

While you keep a look on the anti-virus drones you will forget the sequence which you must have thought or planned before to complete the circuit. Also as the game progresses, the circuits and the puzzle with get larger in size leading to more confusion and chaos. I bet that after some 3 or 4 chapters, you won’t complete a puzzle without giving more than 5 to 6 attempts at it.

Many times you will feel like you are solving a Rubik’s cube while sometimes it gives feeling of solving of the slider puzzle when playing A Virus Named Tom. But the most frustrating factor of solving a puzzle still exists in this game. You go on arranging a series of pieces in order completing a part of circuit when you suddenly realize that it won’t connect to the next part of the circuit easily.

So you go on changing the direction of the circuits you had previously arranged only to realize that you broke all the circuit that you had made from last 15 steps. Frustration mounts on the nerves and prompts you to restart the level. According to me the most annoying part in the puzzle is when you encounter the cloaked piece of the circuit. These pieces cannot be seen until you provide power supply to them.

If you get bored with the single player campaign then there are two other multiplayer modes available in A Virus Named Tom. There is a co-op mode where up to 4 players can play and solve the puzzles together. But let me tell you that puzzles for single player mode and the co-op mode are different. So if you are thinking that you will get another of your friend to complete the single player puzzles, then you are wrong.

Also the puzzles available for co-op mode are difficult. There is also versus mode where 4 players can play against each other. Here the concept changes somewhat as the players have to conquer territory by completing the circuits available. This mode can be very short as you might come under 4 way attacks leading to be ousted immediately.

A Virus Named Tom though looks like a difficult puzzle game; you will find it simple as you get touch of it. Once gained enough control over the game, you can complete the puzzles easily and proceed to further level. But let me tell you that A Virus Named Tom will suddenly put such a difficult puzzle in between, you will think of quitting this game with frustration. Though this game doesn’t have high end graphics or effects but for puzzle lover, this game is fully satisfying. Also the cute virus named Tom is worth every penny spent on it.

I have played the game in all the modes available and I would like to mention the Pros and Cons of A Virus Named Tom.

Pros
    1. A Virus Named Tom is amusing and complete entertainer. The cute character and the graphics all add the funny factor to this game.
    2. Many puzzle games tend to take long time to be completed. But A Virus Named Tom is a fast paced game which doesn’t waste much time. It is good for playing during small breaks as it can refresh your mind.
    3. The mechanisms used to create the puzzles in A Virus Named Tom are very good and suitable for puzzle games. The mechanisms add fun as well as improve the game play greatly.

Cons
    1. Most of the puzzles are easy and can be completed within 4 to 5 attempts. Also once you get hang of this game, it becomes easy as the controls remain same throughout the game.
    2. The game pops up a difficult level suddenly in between leading to sudden increase in difficulty.
    3. Also there are many annoying elements present in A Virus Named Tom that creates frustration in mind of the players.

This game has released on August 1, 2012 and can be purchased from their official website itself.