Thread: New ideas for A Virus Named Tom game

New ideas for A Virus Named Tom game

I have been playing A Virus Named Tom for some time now and I have reached on level 5-5. After playing this game, I feel that there are fewer achievements in this game and I think more achievements should be added. Does anybody have any idea what kind of achievements should be added to make the game more interesting. Since there are so many different modes like Single Player, versus mode, 4 player mode and so on. So I think there was more scope of having different types of achievements. I would like to know different ideas for achievements in A Virus Named Tom.

Re: New ideas for A Virus Named Tom game

I think that there should be an achievement for bumping the friend into a drone. It would be cool and might lead to various fights among the friends who are playing this game. Along with completing the circuit, players will try to push each other in the path of the drones and get the other ones busted. The name for this achievement should be something like ‘Takedown’. I know it sounds like taken from Burnout game. But we are doing the same thing, pushing other player in danger to bust them. Also once I was lucky enough to complete a level even after dying 10 times. I don’t know if it was luck or the lives were being showered. But if game is programmed to have player die 10 times and still complete the level, hen there can be an achievement by name ‘A Virus named Kenny Dalglish’. I would like to dedicate name to Kenny Dalglish as we have seen how often he has brought teams out of relegation to top of the league.

I think there should be an feature added to this gamewhere3 out of 4 players should be able to play using the keyboard as of now we have 3 out of 4 players playing on gamepad and one on keyboard. It would be great addition to the game. So if all 4 players are playing and out of them if 3 are playing on same keyboard, then an achievement should be unlocked by name ‘ There’s always space’. Also once while playing this game; I actually completed the level with just one point. I think such performance should be awarded with an achievement.

I would like to name if any achievement is made for such thing as ‘Close Enough’. You it is like having just one bullet in the gun and shooting down a chasing tiger.

Turning the tikes on the other side of the barrier needs good skill and good amount of thinking. I think some achievements should be added for this too. For example, turning 10 tiles on other side of barrier will give an achievement like ‘Jumping the barriers’, turning 15 tiles will give some achievement like ‘ piece of cake’ and for turning 20 tiles on other side of barrier, we will get achievement by name ‘What barrier?’. I think that some achievement needs to be given for turning tiles ion other sides of the barrier. Also it happens rarely that someone has not used any mechanics or upgrades to complete a level. So an achievement for this also needs to be made.

Also it happens rarely that someone has not used any mechanics or upgrades to complete a level. So an achievement for this also needs to be made.
    The beginning levels of this game are so easy that everybody will achieve it in first few levels itself. I think that some restriction must be applied due to which one won’t get this achievement till he/she reaches further levels. I think that some achievement should also be added for not using skips or bypasses in further levels of the game. The level after 3-2 becomes so tough that one has to use skips and bypasses. It would be great to see people dying to get this achievement. The struggle to get this achievement would be ultimate. It would make Jigsaw Killer’s puzzles seem easier and less painful.

The further levels of this game are so tough that there should be an achievement for completing them in one try. The tutorial levels and the beginning levels shouldn’t be counted under this achievement. Maybe from the fourth chapter, this achievement should be applied. The game really becomes hard and completing in one try becomes next to impossible. I think that name for this achievement should be ‘Sharpshooter’ or ‘As easy as Rocket Science’. This will also be an achievement that people will struggle to get in A Virus Named Tom. Also an achievement for getting more than 1000 energy should be made available in this game.

I think that killing the anti-virus drones too should have an achievement. But this achievement should be restricted to levels with minimum of 10 anti-virus drones. Evading the drones is so hard that eliminating them is another mammoth task. To add to this difficulty, more he anti-virus drones, more difficult it becomes to keep look on the path and movements of the anti-virus drones. So killing them is a big achievement and thus it should be recorded. The achievement should be named something as ‘Terminator’ or maybe ‘Hitman’.

A Virus Named Tom should also have negative achievements. For example, losing 500 times will give an achievement, then again losing more 500 times, that is total 1000 times will give another achievement. Then many times it happens that we keep trying a level so many times before actually succeeding it. I have tried some levels like 5-7 around 20 to 300 times.

So some achievement for trying a level more than 10 times should also be there in this game. Again many times it happens that I have to rotate the circuit so many times that I think at least one must be completing 1000 rotation in a game. Even this achievement should be noted. Also an achievement for overall rotations must be counted, like 10,000 total rotations in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
    Again many times it happens that I have to rotate the circuit so many times that I think at least one must be completing 1000 rotation in a game. Even this achievement should be noted. Also an achievement for overall rotations must be counted, like 10,000 total rotations in a game.
    I agree with you. I myself must have done total of 25,000 rotations approximately in whole game till now. Lot of times it happens that I rotate a piece of circuit in certain direction only to realize that he adjacent piece of circuit too needs to be rotated. After a frustrating session of rotating circuits and then restarting the level, I realize that I never had to move so many circuit pieces.

The first circuit piece I moved should have been moved in other direction and all things would have been sorted out. I would like to have an achievement for completing a level without getting killed by an indestructible anti-virus drone. I would like to name the achievement as ‘Stealthy moves’ or ‘Catch me if you can’.

There should be achievements for collecting the energy too. Making a chain of 20 energies would give us an achievement or maybe get achievements progressively, like first one for energy chain on 5, another on 10 and so on. Also an achievement for successfully maintaining more than 5 infection sources from power bugs should be present in A Virus Named Tom.