Thread: Prototype 2 is similar to The Saboteur game

Prototype 2 is similar to The Saboteur game

After playing Prototype 2 for some one hour, I felt like I had experienced similar type of gameplay in some other game that I had played before. After going through the DVD’s that I have in my drawer, I found the pack of Saboteur. That is when I realized where the gameplay of Prototype 2 matched to. I think that the gameplay of Prototype 2 is very much similar to Saboteur game and the developers of Prototype 2 have just enhanced the concept of Saboteur in Prototype 2. How many people actually realize it?

Re: Prototype 2 is similar to The Saboteur game

One thing people realized after reading your question is that you are not a regular gamer and you haven’t played Prototype before. As the name suggests Prototype ‘2’, the game is actually a sequel. So the same concept was used in Prototype and the same concept has been continued n Prototype 2. If you compare the dates of the both the games, then Prototype was released in June 2009 while Saboteur was released in December 2009. So we can say that Saboteur picked the concept of Prototype and not the other way around. I think that both the games were of different kind even though having base gameplay concept similar.

Prototype 2 and Saboteur cannot be compared. Prototype 2 is a fantasy based action game where the main character has some incredible powers while the Saboteur is based on the concept of World War II where we are a soldier destroying Nazi and its related places in France. In Saboteur we have to fight hand to hand or maybe using weapon. But in Prototype 2, though guns can be used, we barely need to use them.

One punch from James Heller in Prototype 2 will lead to release of wild whiplash which will destroy everything in its radius. A punch from hammerfist can lead to shockwaves and crush an armored tank down to pieces. So this is the main difference in the combat style of Prototype 2 and Saboteur.

Botjh the games have the ability in character where they can climb buildings. But in Saboteur, the game is situated in World War II type of France which has roofed house and highly designed houses. So in Saboteur, the character has to climb using the hand and to climb from window to window. In Prototype 2, the location is current New York made up of Skyscrapers and tall buildings. Most of the surface of these buildings is flat and plain.

Also James Heller has superpower to run on walls and other surfaces. So he can run on the walls and scale buildings easily. Also in Saboteur, if the character falls from height, he gets hurt and maybe dies. But in Prototype 2, the character doesn’t die when falls from height.

I don’t think that Saboteur and Prototype 2 are similar. The Saboteur has more of the stealth factor. We have to remain hidden in dark to avoid enemies and stick to the wall and such other stuff. But stealth is not so emphasized in Prototype 2. You have to attack head on and kill or blast anything that comes in your way. The only thing common is that in both the games you can go under disguise.

In Saboteur you have to steal the clothes of enemies to get under disguise while in Prototype 2 you can consume people to take his/her form. In Saboteur, you can’t fly or glide. You can go from one building to another if rope is between them. But in Prototype you can fly around the city up to some time.

Saboteur has a vintage kind of theme with black and white color in abundance. The only colors that can be clearly seen are the red color on Nazi flags and Yellow color. But Prototype 2 is richly colored. The graphics of Prototype 2 are of very high quality as compared to that of Saboteur. It is obvious because of the difference in release dates. In Saboteur, one can driuve the cars that are available in the in-game world. But in Prototype 2, one cannot drive cars, yes we have to throw them around. In Prototype 2, we can drive army tanks and helicopters but not civilian vehicles.