Thread: Stuck at Operating flytrap mission in Prototype 2

ohmy Stuck at Operating flytrap mission in Prototype 2

I have started playing Prototype 2 and am just Stuck at Operating flytrap mission, I mean it highlights a black watch trooper and tells me to kill the same at the end of operation fly trap but I don’t know why objective to kill that trooper gets stuck. I have tried restarting the entire mission as well but no luck, I am just not able to complete the mission. It seems as if this is a bug but I am not sure about the same. So I just wanted to know if there is anyone else who has faced the same or it is just in my case?? Any ideas? Is there anything I can try out to complete the mission successfully without any such issues??

Re: Stuck at Operating flytrap mission in Prototype 2

It is just not in your case I have faced the same as well, I am quite sure that this is some kind of bug. I have tried restarting the whole mission a couple of times but that’s not making any difference. I have played Prototype previously and I did not had any issue with any of its mission, the issue is just with Prototype 2. I have tried pouncing marked target with all the possible tricks but no avail, I am still stuck with no mission target. I have been looking after a solution for the same in its official forum as well but I have not come across any effective solution that made difference. If anyone else gets any update on this then please share it with me as well, it will be very appreciative.

It is not getting completed in my case as well, I have tried killing him with claw pounce to get the bonus, I have tried holding R while killing the marked target as well. I have tried performing claw pounce successfully but I don’t know why my progress is getting impeding. By now I have tried restarting checkpoint, restarting mission and have restarted the game itself but I am not getting any luck.

Count me in as well, even I am stuck on "Attack the Blackwatch Trooper" and I am not getting a way to move to the next step. I have tried killing Blackwatch Trooper in all the possible way but no luck. I have been wandering in different forums to find a fix for this and have tried out all the below things by now:
    • Restarting the game
    • Restarting mission
    • Tried changing video settings
    • Tried changing audio settings
    • Verifying the game cache
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Even after trying out all of the above solution I am not able to move to the next step. I think the game is just broken and we will need a patch to fix it. If there is anything else that I can try out further than do let me know.

I am not sure whether this will work or not but you all can give this a try and check out if it is making any difference. Actually I have come across one who was facing the same issue and had mentioned that he was able to solve it out by doing the below thing.
    • Play the game normally until you reach the point where you have to kill Blackwatch Trooper
    • After killing the Blackwatch Trooper, press alt + tab to get out of the game.
    • Now change the processor affinity in task manager, for that right click on prototype 2 process and click on cpu0 and set priority to above normal.
    • When you are done with the above changes then resume the game and continue it.

Do try it out and post back if it is actually helping, best of luck.