Thread: Prototype 2 runs very badly even on high end gaming pc

sad Prototype 2 runs very badly even on high end gaming pc

My system specification is as followed:
    Intel i5 2.53 GHz
    GTX470
    4RAM
    I have tried playing Prototype 2 on the same and I don’t know why I am getting just 30 fps while playing at resolution 1600x900. I don’t think there should be any issue as such. I did not had any issue in running the other latest games, it seems as if there is something wrong with Prototype 2 only. I have tried playing the game at lower setting as well but no avail. I am not able to get above 30 FPS at all, is there anything that I need to check out to run this game without any such issue??

Re: Prototype 2 runs very badly even on high end gaming pc

I don’t think that there might be anything wrong with the game but it is actually with your system. Even I have installed Prototype 2 on my system having the same specification but GTX460 and I am not facing any issue as such.

I had played the previous version of Prototype and I was able to get 60 fps without any issue, I am getting the same with Prototype 2 as well. Anyways I wanted to know if you have tried out basic solutions like updating the graphic card driver to the latest and so. If not then give it a try and see if you are able to get better fps or not.

I have already tried installing the latest graphic driver for my video card but that’s not making any difference. I have made a fresh installation of the graphic driver and that too several times but I did not had any luck. Other than this I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game a couple of time but that did not helped. I have also installed all the recommended windows update as well, I am really running out of ideas as I am not able to track out the cause of the issue.

I also wanted to add that even I did not had any issue with the previous version of Prototype. My system was attaining 65 fps easily; don’t know why it is not doing the same for Prototype 2. Is there any other workaround that I can try out further??

I wanted to know if you are having motion blur “ON” ? If yes then turn it off and see if you are getting any help from it. Actually I have come across some people mentioning that they were getting low fps while playing this game but turning motion blur “OFF” had helped them out. As you are running the video card in sli you can try turning that off as well. Just try out these solutions and post back if you find any of them to be helpful, best of luck.

I am going through the same, I did not had any issue with the original prototype while playing on the below system:
    • GeForce 9600 GT
    • Intel Core i7
    • 8 Gigs of Ram
    • Directx 11

I am not able to get more than 40 fps, there is surely something wrong with the game frame rate. All the other games are working smoothly, I am still having original prototype and even it is working fine as always. By now I have tried out all the possible solution like updating graphic card driver, uninstalling and reinstalling game, turning off motion bur, turning off vsync, playing on lower settings etc but no luck yet. I am really not happy with this game and am feeling like quitting it. I have current stopped playing it but I will surely like to know if anyone out here gets any update on this issue.

I am not very sure if this will work or not but you all can try out the below solution:
    • First open control panel>“Hardware and Sound”>Select Sound> Click on playback tab > select your “speakers”> Right click on it and select “properties”.
    • Now click on “Advanced” tab in properties and choose “24 bit - 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)” as “Default Format”, click on ok and run the game.
    • If that does not help then you can try setting it to “16 bit 144100 HZ” as well.

Post back if it helps.

I have tried out both “24 bit - 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)” as well as “16 bit 144100 HZ” as “Default Format” but that’s not making any difference in my case. The issue is still the same, I have checked regarding this issue in other forums as well and have come across many people getting low fps with Prototype 2. A Number of people have reported this at their official site as well but there has not been any response from their officials by now.

I wish they come up with a patch soon to fix the low fps issue for all of us, I don’t think there is anything else that we will be able to try out further from our end further.