Thread: Fix for Vampire attacks cities of Skyrim Dawnguard on PC

Fix for Vampire attacks cities of Skyrim Dawnguard on PC

I have been playing Skyrim Dawnguard on my Xbox 360 and found it very irritating because of vampires attacking the cities now and them without giving any break. I know that this game focuses on the war between humans and vampires. But that doesn’t mean that vampires will keep attacking now and then. I think that this must be some bug that must be causing the vampires to attack so frequently. I will be buying this game for my friend as a gift if ever it comes out on PC. I think that developers should fix this vampire attack bug when releasing the Skyrim Dawnguard dlc for PC version.

Re: Fix for Vampire attacks cities of Skyrim Dawnguard on PC

I know how irritating that is when you are out of some quest and every time you do some activity, the vampires come out attacking the cities. You do a fast travel and you find the city is under attack from the vampires. You enter a shop, do some shopping and vampires come attacking the city. I mean, you can’t do any activity in peace.

There isn’t any randomness in the vampire attack. They just come every time you enter some building or area and keep attacking. If any fix is made for this problem, developers should add randomness to the vampire attacks.

Did anyone notice that vampires only attack near the gates of the cities and not inside or on any other side of the side. I think that the patch should also rectify this mistake. I mean vampires can just fly inside the city and kill anyone they want to. Another bad thing about the vampire attacks in Skyrim Dawnguard is that they also attack during the day time in the game. I thought that vampires burn when they come under sunlight. But here the vampires survive the sunlight and remain strong as they are in night. I think there is some mistake here in this part.

I too think that this is some kind of bug and it needs to be solved by a fix.

Not just the fact that vampires can attack during day or they attack frequently, but also the fact that some vampires who play major part in the story of Skyrim Dawnguard can enter the castle of Dawnguard without anybody hurting them. I think that developers should add a fix where these vampires will call us in some isolated place where we can meet them to avoid any human contacts. Also the vampires are too strong in Skyrim Dawnguard as compared to the humans. I think the balance should be properly maintained. I think a fix that would balance strength of the humans and that of vampires should be also introduced for PC version of Skyrim Dawnguard.

Whenever the vampires attack any city or town, it is seen that the number of vampires is very large. When their strength is added and the number, they become next to impossible to defeat. The vampires keep spawning in large numbers while the human NPCs are very less in number. At many points it feels like there is no end to the spawning vampires. Also the NPCs are so weak that one or two hits from the vampires and they go down dead. Also the weapons carried by the vampires are so weak that they barely harm the vampires. So all the work of clearing the vampires comes upon us and we have to go on fighting for next ten to fifteen minutes. The fix should include good weapons for human NPCs and also increase the number of human NPCs in the town.

It would be good if Bethesda Softworks include some rogue vampires in the forest. It would be good to go on hunting them rather than having the vampires attack the cities. Also some quests which would help us secure the cities against the vampires should be implemented. For example, the ton head will ask us to get some material from the forest and from other cities. The wisemen and the blacksmith would construct some mechanism which will detect vampires and automatically attack them when one of them is detected. This should be fun as till the end of the game, cities will be capable of protecting themselves from the vampire attacks. Also it would increase the number of side quests.

The point at which we go into the house in city to rest, I think vampires should also attack at this time. It would be fun to as it seems real, like we are sleeping and suddenly we hear screams that awake us. We come out of the house to find vampires attacking the city. I agree that Bethesda needs to bring out a patch that will solve the problem of vampire attack.

Also it should be possible to have vampire’s trapped n the town where the priest can get some information about secret locations of the vampire’s hideout and some other details just to have extra intel to get more depth in the story.

AlisaDsa
    I don’t think that it will be possible to have fixed for the vampire attacks in Skyrim Dawnguard’s PC version. The code is already developed for the game and I dint think that developers will be able to change it. If they change the code for the vampire attacks, it might happen that they’ll need to change code for some other thing too. Though I wish that fix includes cure for bugs like disappearing characters and buildings or some other minor bugs. But I think that the vampires will remain as they are currently in the Xbox 360 version of this dlc. The developers must not have tested it properly resulting into this disaster.