Thread: Skyrim Dawnguard game is very similar to Van Helsing storyline

Skyrim Dawnguard game is very similar to Van Helsing storyline

After playing Skyrim Dawnguard and completing the storyline, I found that the main plot of the game is somewhat similar to storyline of Van Helsing. Also some parts of the movie gave a feel of story from Blade Trinity. I think that if anybody wants to know the story of Skyrim Dawnguard just because they had played Skyrim, I’ll suggest to them that they should instead watch Van Helsing. The game too is not worth playing. So instead of wasting 20 to 30 hours playing Skyrim Dawnguard, one can just watch Van Helsing. Does anybody else too feel the same about Skyrim Dawnguard like me?

Re: Skyrim Dawnguard game is very similar to Van Helsing storyline

I too felt the same that the story of Skyrim Dawnguard is taken from some vampire movie. Only because I had seen Van Helsing long time back, I couldn’t remember where I had seen the same story. Now after reading your post, I remembered it. I haven’t watched much of Blade Trinity, but maybe it can be true. I am totally disappointed by Bethesda, I mean they have such a big production, they have been bringing out totally awesome games and now they have brought this dlc. This is truly disappointing for me as a fan of Bethesda games. I think developers should have waited for few more years and then straight away launched a new game in Elder Scrolls series. They could have inserted this same story as one chapter or part in the game and no one would have noticed it.

If you think that developers of Skyrim Dawnguard have copied the story from Van Helsing, then I’d say that they have taken some inspiration from Underworld series. The Underworld movies too are based on vampires and the main character in these movies is Selena, wow even the names rhyme. Serena looks very much similar to Selena, same pale white skin, similar eyes and other facial features. Even the built seems similar.

The only difference comes is because of the clothing. Selena is shown wearing tight black clothes while Serena wears shawls and loose clothes on her body. I think Bethesda Softworks have done a bad job here and should have brought something original than copying the same plot from movies.

You people who are complaining about Skyrim Dawnguard having its story being taken from Val Helsing, Blade Trinity and characters picked from Underworld series should be thanking developers. Why? They avoided Twilight. Imagine if Twilight’s story was introduced in Skyrim Dawnguard. I actually watched five minutes of Twilight movie and changed the channel. Also from what I heard from my sister about Twilight’s story, I think it must be one of the most boring story ever made.

I don’t know how many of you have noticed it, but actually Marcus from Underworld and Vampire Lords from Skyrim are same too. I have posted some pictures and see it for yourself. First of all, they both look ugly. Both of them have same facial features with cruel eyes, squashed nose, Mouth with dirty pointed teeth. Also their bodies are same with bat like wings on their back. They are totally same except for their positioning and textures. The Marcus from Underworld is blue in color while Vampire Lords from Skyrim is brown in texture. I think that makers of Undeworld must have passed on the 3D model of Marcus to Bethesda, who must have just changed its texture and created the Vampire Lords.

They avoided Twilight. Imagine if Twilight’s story was introduced in Skyrim Dawnguard.
    Developers of Skyrim Dawnguard haven’t even spared the Twilight’s concept of vampires. Before Twilight came out, all had known that vampires can’t survive sunlight. Even the slightest of sunlight on their body and the vampires would go burning like tissue paper in fire. But in Twilight series, vampires actually start twinkling in sparkling when under sunlight. This whole sparkling thing had made me avoid all the vampire movies. I thought Skyrim Dawnguard must be something different, but even here you can see vampires coming out during day and fighting. The only good thing is that they don’t sparkle. So in short, Twilight has also made certain presence in Skyrim Dawnguard.

It seems that people have restricted themselves into thinking that Skyrim Dawnguard has its story and concept picked only from vampire movies. But let me tell you that I felt the some parts of the story were picked from Game of Thrones TV series and Lord of the Rings series. The concept of civil wars over a throne which can be used only be the ruler of an empire. Also these civil wars include multiple contenders, some from same faction. This whole concept was first seen in Game of Thrones TV series. Also the existence of some evil from ancient times threatening the existence of human kind is taken from Lord of the Rings series. It is like a story mixed and matched from multiple sources to create on single story.

The most fiercest and deadliest vampires that I have ever seen are in the movie 30 days of Nights. Couldn’t the developers of Skyrim Dawnguard have introduced something like it. At least some rogue or small time group of vampires should have been made this way.

I think the story should include a part where some vampires who were not pure of their kind were banished. So they roam town to town killing people. Now if developers of Skyrim Dawnguard referred so many different vampire movies, they should have also considered 30 days of Nights.