Thread: Dead Trigger is for free on Google Play

Dead Trigger is for free on Google Play

Dead Trigger is for free now. I had seen this on Google Play. The same game my friend has purchased for $1 on iPhone. When I searched on Google I found that because of high piracy ratio on Google Play, the developer has thought to give this for free. Now I am not able to understand why they did this.

The game was chargeable before and now it is for free. Surely those who had purchased the game are not happy at all. But one thing came into notice because of this issue, that Google Play has lots of pirated products. That means free products mostly which are almost paid when you go for them.

Re: Dead Trigger is for free on Google Play

That is good for us. Piracy exist even before internet was made. People somehow find a cheaper way to distribute stuff like this. This is done because of many reasons. But I am happy to get the game.

The game developer has fed up with the pirated stuff because of which they had given it for free. You must understand the intention behind it. They want to stop piracy. What you think, pirated games are stable and cool. This is the same kind of situation which has been created for Windows long time before. Maximum pirated software on desktop has virus or malicious code. So do not assume that your android phone will be safer. Piracy is the root cause of many losses and it affects economy also. Paying $1 for game like Dead Trigger is not bad. The developers had added some intense work to make such game and publish in front of users. Piracy is like stealing their work and distributing among people for free which contains no appreciation.

This usually discourage many developers to provide better and richer application. Piracy is a common issue everywhere. No platform is yet safe from him. I had checked a number things last time on Google Play. There are ample of adult content and spam type tool which consume your internet bandwidth regularly to show ads.

We had already heard about malware infection on android platform. Thanks to piracy this is spreading and people yet are not aware that they must stop using such tools. Instead of that try a bit hard to search free tools which are officially provided by the companies.

Thing is that, Google has given a free platform like android to provides rich benefit and features. Now this has became a way of earning money for developers. Now piracy really affects the development procedure to great extent. Android got famous because of many popular apps which had made user happy. But piracy might kill them one day. The sources is not just Google Play. Users easily find a separate alternative to locate the apk files from torrent or download site. I had just checked that there are hundreds of Android Pack available on web.

This pack consist of more than 500mbs of applications which has games, software, widget, etc. Ample of them are chargeable. One pack that I saw was about 2GB. This was called as some mega pack. So even to some extent if Google controls pirated app on Play then there are other sources to distribute the same. So in short there is no way to block piracy completely from android platform.

This is good for some and bad for some. Because those who love to have free tools will surely locate a way to download pirated content. And it is not possible to add some specific code inside Android to avoid pirated app installation or download. The same if even exist will be destroyed by rooting.

This looks the way of showing discomfort against piracy on Google Play. I had seen the clear statement on Facebook page of Dead Trigger commenting on the pirated apps on Google Play. But does this statement can make changes. Google Play is quiet expanding and people enjoy those free stuff. Piracy rate does not looks get affected by any of such things.

Piracy is a major concern on every platform. Big companies do survive by mid range developers are adversely affected from the same. There can be some option by which it would be easier for people to differentiate among the pirated and paid one. There is no way to block that completely.

chrismartin4u Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn-Roger View Post
    That is good for us. Piracy exist even before internet was made. People somehow find a cheaper way to distribute stuff like this. This is done because of many reasons. But I am happy to get the game.
    I agree with you that piracy of original games is on hike but the truth is that we are the guys those support this kind of activities because we love to have all thing at free of cost. Do you agree with me.

If android came with some kind of drm support then surely this will became flop and the benefit will reach to Windows and other mobile operating system. Android is popular because of this free app. Take that under advertisement cost.

That is really weird what you said. I agree that Android is hit because of tons of free and rich apps, but that does not means people start piracy on it. A company put some effort to make and develop games, atleast for the new concept we must pay. And they are not asking for fortune here. A minor $1 payment is quiet negligible. The benefit of using paid app is that they are virus free. They give you tech support in case of error. In Android it might take time to make a perfect platform where you get rich apps and better benefits. It does not look as clean as expected.