Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard is a broken game

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard is a broken game

I have been playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard for 15 hours now and I am very much disappointed by the game. After playing the first Skyrim game and waiting for seven months, all we get is a glitched and bug filled dlc. I found almost everything in this faulty, from the story to the way it is executed. Also the way in which various events take place and how the characters are related to each other. I think that Bethesda Softworks should have avoided this dlc and spent more time in bringing out completely new Elder Scrolls game instead of this dlc. It feels like I have wasted my $20 on collection of bugs in form of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard. What do other people who brought this dlc feel about it?

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard is a broken game

I too feel the same way as you are feeling. Wherever I read about this game on internet, all the websites have negative content about it. Any person who has played Skyrim won’t like this new dlc as it actually spoils the game. The worst part of the game is the way one gets to become vampire. I mean, we ourselves start as a vampire hunter and then befriend the vampire only to get offer to become vampire. Couldn’t they have some cool story like Dawnguard plans that the only way to defeat the vampires is to have one of our men in them.

So that is why we ourselves get trapped in vampires place purposefully. Then we become vampire only to have branch in middle of game where we fall in love with another vampire girl and she offers her that we play on vampire’s side and help them finish the humans. In another branch, we leave vampires to save humanity and some priest makes us human again. Then in the end we will again get branch where we have to let the girl killed by other humans or save her and ask her to never return.

I know the story and the game concept for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard is very weak and the developers needed to work on it. I think that other than fight between humans and vampires, developers should have also introduced other monsters like undead to fight as third party, it would have been fun to have three way fights in forest in the dark. Also I still couldn’t understand how Bethesda Softworks could make vampires so dumb; I mean they attack only when I am in the town. No attacks when I am fast travelling or sleeping. Again the vampires attack only near the gate of the town, neither inside the town nor on any other part of the town. I mean they can turn into bats, fly over the wall and attack the town and kill anyone they want. Also the timing for vampire attack is so bad that it makes one irritated at times, fast travel to some town and it will be under attack, buy something from shop and vampires will come and attack.

I think that the Human NPCs that are in Skyrim Dawnguard are totally useless. Whenever in fight, these Human NPCs just use some measly weapons. Te weapons that these Human NPCs use are rather ineffective as compared to weapons that are available in the Skyrim Dawnguard world. Since the vampire attacks are so common in the world of Skyrim Dawnguard, it is surprising to find that most of the Human NPCs are always unprepared.

Also the Human NPCs are so weak that they die in mere three to four hits. So in short, you have to fight the vampires all alone without any major help. Also if the rate of spawning is compared, then vampires have high spawn rates as compared to the humans. This again makes the game more difficult.

The bugs irritate more than the vampires do in Skyrim Dawnguard. The bugs make the characters disappear. A mission says that we have to meet some random person in some random town. We travel to the town to find the person missing. On searching for half an hour we realize that some random bug has made him disappear.

Push the restart button on the Xbox 360 and play again, magic, the person can now be seen. Play game for an hour and again go on a quest to find some random person who again is not in designated place, realize the bug has started acting again, restart the Xbox 360, play again, magic, the person is in place. This irritating cycle keeps continuing in the game over and over again, spoiling the game every time. I think that this is the worst part of the game.

The bugs make the characters disappear. A mission says that we have to meet some random person in some random town. We travel to the town to find the person missing. On searching for half an hour we realize that some random bug has made him disappear.
    I know this bug appears more times than any other game in Skyrim Dawnguard. It also makes certain buildings disappear. I have found a solution that actually helps, but does not cure the bug completely. You can clear the cache memory of your Xbox 360 every time before starting the game. The bug will start acting again, but not like in one hour. I think that vampire attacks in Skyrim Dawnguard are more irritating thing than this bug. When playing as Human Dawngaurd, you get a person to save some person on faraway place on the map. Before you can reach there, you get a mission failed notification, reason; vampires attacked him. This is completely insane according to me.

With comparison to this, playing as vampire is very easy over human Dawnguards. The vampires are stronger than the humans can ever be. But again the ending of this game disappointed me. You play as human or you play as a vampire, you will get the same end. Also the decision taking part doesn’t do much effect on the game. It is just to continue the legacy of Skyrim, the developers have added decision making and branching of the game concept in Skyrim Dawnguard. If all this is considered, I think that the worst part of the game is when Serena gets stuck in some random place and fails to follow us. It gets irritating when you have to load the game from beginning of the mission.

If the developers don’t solve the bugs and the minor errors, I think that the Playstation 3 and PC gamers will be really angry to get a game like this. First of all the developers have made the Skyrim fans to wait for 7 months. After it, the dlc comes out which is exclusively available for Xbox 360. To top it, it is filled with bugs that can make a person go mad. The only positive part of this game is that it has a long story and gameplay which makes it worth playing.