Thread: Reason for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard ruined?

Reason for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard ruined?

I had played Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim few months back and I loved the game. Now my brother downloaded the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard and started playing it. After playing it for few hours I got bored. This new game never got me interested as the old game, which is the original Skyrim game. I don’t know why, but I didn’t get the feel as in the original game. Again the story is lame. It seems that just to have the backdrop of Skyrim, this game has been made. Again there are so many bugs that it irritates while playing the game. What do other people feel about Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard, developers have completely ruined the game from what actually it was?

Re: Reason for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard ruined?

Yes, I agree that Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard is nothing close to what original Skyrim was. In Skyrim, we saw that humans and vampires would be at war. This part was never much focused. When I first heard about the plot of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard, I was excited as it would take us deep into the fight between the humans and vampires. But after playing the game I was disappointed how the story proceeded. The first thing that disappointed was that we get to join the vampires. I mean, how could be it possible, human joining vampires when they die hard enemies of each other. Instead developers could have developed two completely different stories where one will play either as the vampire or as Human. Maybe they could have intersected the story once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by GaganGang View Post
    I was disappointed how the story proceeded. The first thing that disappointed was that we get to join the vampires. I mean, how could be it possible, human joining vampires when they die hard enemies of each other.
    Yes I too found this whole human gets option to become vampire part hard to digest. As a vampire hunter we have to rescue a girl only to realize that she is a vampire and wants to get home safely. We do it and we get option to get converted into vampire. All the time when I was rescuing the vampire, I was waiting for an opportunity to stab her back and take all the loot, but she takes us to her dad, that was bad on part of Skyrim. At one point, a vampire just walks into the fort Dawnguard to talk with us.

I am still guessing how he enters and reaches us without being detected or killed. Also if you play as vampire or human, the games has same end. So branching is of no use here. Well at least Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard has restored some status of vampires that was lost because of Edward Cullen.

At first I thought that Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard will have world that will extend the existing world of Skyrim. But I was disappointed to find that all the quests took place in the same world without any additional part coming into existence. Developers could have at least introduced some new areas. It was boring to roam in the same world again. Also the side quests seemed like they have been taken from previous Skyrim game and just modified with new characters and new locations.

There was nothing new in the side quests that we can talk about. It seemed like developers picked up the same old code for side quests and modified the character names and the locations in it. Put them in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard and brpught it out for download.

It seems like the developers for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard were lazy to create anything new for this game. Every item is just picked from the old game and again put over here. They could have introduced new weapons or new monsters, but just to give an illusion of new thing, some minor modifications have been made in some parts. The frost giant in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard is the same giant from Skyrim.

To make it different, developers have added, fur on it. Same modifications have been done for vale deer and sabre cats. Also when I first encountered the Mountain crossbow trap, I was excited. After close observation of this trap, I found that it was same as Shotgun Booby trap from Fallout 3. You step over a trip wire which is connected to the trigger of Shotgun/Crossbow exactly in front of it. Stepping on it releases arrow/shotgun shell inflicting injury to the person who steps in it.

This is not just picked up from some other game or modified from the original. I thought that Ancient falmer armour that is introduced in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard must be something new. But after reading values of its attributes and watching it carefully, I realized that it is just another white elven armour from Skyrim, whose texture and name has been changed. I think that dragon summoning part should have been removed as it doesn’t fit in the story of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard. Instead of it, some extra restoration spells should have been provided. If you must have noticed, then dragons in this dlc have got some new voices which don’t live up to the standard of the game. It seems like developers have missed the part which requires imagination.

I found one thing funny when playing as a vampire hunter for Dawnguard. The vampires don’t attack the village when we are in house. But when we are out of the house, they appear out of nowhere. I mean, have they placed a vampire with binoculars and a radio transmitter on some tree, or is it stalking me around. Is it sending message to other vampires on the radio, “hey, the guy has had enough sleep and is out of his house. Let’s get shit beaten out of us”.

If I want to attack my enemy’s territory, I would choose the moment when the strongest enemy will not be around. Vampires don’t attack at random times, neither do they enter into homes to pick their targets, this is so unrealistic.

The game seems improperly balanced in terms of factions. What I mean to say is that the Vampires seem more powerful than the human Dawnguards. I know that vampires are super naturals and have some cool abilities, but at least some balance should have been made. Again the game has lot of bugs that annoys me enough to turn off my Xbox 360 time to time. The characters you kill keep floating in mid air. Again many times the characters disappear not to be seen anywhere.

This becomes irritating as the character you need to speak or take from is not seen. Restarting the Xbox 360 solves the problem temporarily. But after playing the game for one hour more, the problem starts again.

The problem of characters disappearing isn’t just restricted to the character models but also to the buildings. I haven’t played much of the game, but if you have noticed that Alchemy lab is a purchasable building but you cannot buy it. After some restarts on Xbox 360, the building can be purchased. But after purchasing the building, it just disappears. Again we can’t marry Serena in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard, that’s so bad on part of Skyrim. Since Skyrim had many choices to make from and all the choices made huge difference in the game, the developers have implemented the same system in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard. But here this system has failed as the decision doesn’t make much difference; neither has it brought any major changes.

I am waiting for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard to be out on PC. But after reading about the glitches and the bad story and other problem that this dlc faces, I think I will first let other friends of mine buy and then I will buy. I hope that developers rectify the glitches. I know that the problem with the story and other things like overpowered vampires can’t be changed now. But at least problems where characters and buildings disappear or bodies floating in air is rectified.