Thread: Will Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim get Wendigos?

Will Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim get Wendigos?

I have been playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim from long time and I have noticed that most of the creatures in it are inspired from local folk tales or from mythology of various regions and religions. The dragons, troll, imps, minotaurs, centaurs, goblins, orcs, elves, harpies and many others are inspired from fictional folk stories and myths. Being a fan of folk tales I have read about Wendigos a lot. They can possess anyone and all other stuff I think developers of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim should bring in the Wendigos in the game too. What do other people think about it?

Re: Will Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim get Wendigos?

I think it is developer’s decision to put the content in the game. You can send request and some more details about your request so that the developers can see what they can do. Maybe developers of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will consider it and put the Wendigos in the game. I read about Wendigos on internet after you mentioned them and it was written that they can possess body of humans and control them They can even change the form which might come close to human form. I think if the developers have to introduce Wendigos, they will have to do lot of special effects work as conversion from human form to other form will need much of it.

After reading about Wendigos, I found that they are related to cannibalism. I think that it would be a brave move by developers if they introduce Wendigos in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I mean, they will also need to show cannibalism in the game which I think won’t go right with the people rating it, critics and especially parents of the gamers. Not many countries are open towards cannibalism except for Netherlands. So I think that if developers of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim decide to introduce Wendigos, they will have to find something alternate to cannibalism to avoid controversies.

Not many countries are open towards cannibalism except for Netherlands. So I think that if developers of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim decide to introduce Wendigos, they will have to find something alternate to cannibalism to avoid controversies.
    Come on, what so big deal about cannibalism in games, we have so many games showing zombies tearing bodies of humans and eating the organs inside. I know that it doesn’t seem violent as all we are shown the zombies mouth close to dead body. I think it can be shown easily in this game. I don’t think that there is no issue about showing cannibalism. If you have played resident Evil game or maybe Dead Island, then the level of violence is more than Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

I think that the concept of Wendigos is similar to zombies. I don’t think that it will introduce anything new. It will just add zombie like creature in game. The only difference will be of body possession. I think that possessing the body should be made like Driver: San Francisco where press of one key will take your spirit out and target in on other body to possess. If this feature is introduced, then having Wendigos will be worth. Also to fight the Wendigos, developers will need to introduce new class who can detect them. Then again new weapons to defeat them.