Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard is an awesome or a terrible game?

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard is an awesome or a terrible game?

After playing Skyrim, I was excited that dlc for it by name Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard has been released. It is currently available only for Xbox 360 and I am a PC gamer so I will have to wait for few more days before I get it for myself. Out of curiosity, I started to read the forums to see what the game is about. After reading some posts, I felt that many people haven’t liked this new dlc and are posting negative stuff about it. I don’t think that Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard will be that bad, can I get to know the opinion about this dlc from people who have played it?

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard is an awesome or a terrible game?

This game is a very nice extension to the first Skyrim game. The story is nice and goes into the fight between humans and vampires. We get to play the game as human as well as the vampire. Both the parts have different story and new characters. The game is nice with many new weapons and inventory items. One good thing about the game is those skill trees have been introduced for werewolves. This is very nice and improves the gameplay after becoming werewolf. Also the fights between humans and vampires are well designed. If you have played Skyrim, then you will love Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard.

I played the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard for some eight hours and I am disappointed by this game. The story is disappointing as it is almost similar to Van Helsing with us a vampire hunter. Also the game lacks creativity if story in terms of the story. It is like developers have hired some amateur people to write the story.

The decisions that are taken in this game are not so important and don’t have much importance as they don’t affect the story much. Also the decisions are simple ones that don’t make us think like in Skyrim.

I think Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard is the worst dlc ever released for any game. First of all it took some seven months for it to release and after this period all we get is a highly glitched game that has nothing new to offer. The glitches include ones where the bodies float in the air to disappearing of models that of building and characters.

At first I thought that we will have some new areas to play in, but the game is situated in the same old area where the first Skyrim was to be played, boring. Another bad thing about the game is that we cannot marry Serena, I mean she has been following and helping us in Skyrim, I thought it would be possible here.

I think that it is a good move by Bethesda Softworks to release dlc for Skyrim after 7 months. This will keep the fans of Skyrim engrossed into their game for long time. Usually we have seen that most of the developers bring out the next part of a game after two to three years after the first game has released. But in two to three years, the market sometimes gets changed or maybe the choice of the people gets changed.

The people who loved a game two years ago may not want to play it after two years or maybe the person gets involved in some other activity. But releasing a dlc, keeps the gamer in contact with the game which is beneficial for sale of next part.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard is nothing but modified version of Skyrim. It is like you are being sold same chips in different pack with and 20% extra printed on it. Many features and the creatures in this game are nothing more than renamed and modified version of the old game. For example, here in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard, you will encounter a Frost Giant, it is the same giant that existed in Skyrim. Developers have just added some fur and changed its name and again placed in the game. Then there is an ancient falmer armor which is again modified version white elven armor from Skyrim. To differentiate them, they have just changed the texture in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard. I haven’t completed the game, but in the second play through, I am going to find more things that will are modified from the original Skyrim game.

The game lacks logic in many parts. If compared with Skyrim, then Dawnguard will go against certain parts of the game. The game begins with us as a human saving a vampire girl whose dad lets us choose if we want to play the game’s story as human or vampire. I mean, in Skyrim we saw that in no case will a human spare vampire and kill it on the first chance he/she gets. But here we actually save and rescue a vampire. At one point in human dawnguards story, a vampire enters the Dawnguard tower to talk to us. Now here things get totally out of logic.

Again, the vampires don’t attack any village or town when the character is sleeping, the attacks will take place only when awake. Do vampires stalk our character to see if he is awake or sleeping.

I think that at price of $20, this dlc is totally worth it. The game is nice and will keep one engrossed in it for hours. I have been playing this dlc for 15 hours and I have enjoyed every moment of it. The new weapons and armor increase the fun factor. Also many new skills increase the fun and offer us various opportunities to experiment. Though there are some drawbacks in this game, but they don’t come between the fun you get from it.

I didn’t like the fact that vampires are much powerful than the humans are in this game. I too read that many people didn’t like this game, but haters gonna hate. If you are truly interested in this game, then you have to play it.

The game has many things ‘inspired’ from many other sources. For example, the story is loosely based on Van Helsing, all the vampire hunting and stuff. Again the Serena resembles Selena from Underworld movies. Oh! Even the name is almost close. The traps that are setup in the game are already seen in many other games and movies. Thankfully, the vampire’s story is not inspired from Twilight movies. But the dlc is overall fine. It’s up to you whether you want to play it or not or how much you enjoy it. Don’t take other people’s opinion, make your own opinions.