Thread: Endless Space game demo for PC download

Endless Space game demo for PC download

I just watched the trailer of Endless Space game on YouTube and I like the graphics and other parts of the game. But I have noticed that sometimes games turn out to be bad than they are shown in the trailer or gameplay demo. Also since there are many great games that will be releasing in coming days like Prototype 2, Dishonored, Hitman: Absolution, Farcry 3, Watch Dogs and so on, I don’t want to waste my pocket money on some random games. Before I jump into playing Endless Space directly, I would like to play the demo version of it just to know if it works properly on my computer, will the graphics and the gameplay match as it was shown in the trailer and many other details. Can somebody tell me where to the demo version of Endless Space from as I can’t find it on internet?

Re: Endless Space game demo for PC download

Actually there is no demo version of Endless Space available anywhere on internet. Actually, the developers of Endless Space, Amplitude Studios, have not made the demo version of this game. You will have to directly get the game from Steam and start playing it. I know how you must be feeling, want to play the game but don’t want to spend bucks on it because you don’t have any assurance from the other side about the game’s quality. But according to me everywhere I read its review, it has got good reviews. The only negative points that I have read is about how a player found it disappointing or something bad. But overall reviews were good, so I think you can give it a try.

Amplitude Studios isn’t a big time game developer. Endless Space game is considered as an indie game. As I have noticed that indie games are usually made under limited budget and limited manpower. Making a demo version of a game requires efforts, skills and most importantly resources which I think this studio must not have. Making a demo of a game is like taking a piece out of a large cake and removing icing from this small piece. Also while removing this piece, it should be seen that surrounding part of this cake isn’t disturbed. I think that Amplitude Studios must not have been able to do it and thus there is no demo version of Endless Space.

I agree with you, choosing a game whose developers are not known to us and jumping directly in to play the game seems risky. You spend money and then find out that this game is not meant for your style or gaming choice or maybe it is bad and then you feel like you lost your money. Let me tell you one thing about Endless Space, you will like this game only if you have played turn based strategy games like Civilization. If not, I think that you should try some recently released games like Civilization V to get a fair idea of how turn based strategy games are like. Maybe some of your friend must be having it since it released 2 years ago; you watch it at his/her place.

I think the lack of bringing out a demo game is one of the main reasons there is a good rise in piracy of games these days. There are many people like you out there who think that getting directly into a game whose developers have no well defined background. These developers don’t release demo versions of their game leading to curiosity as well as confusion. So to kill the curiosity as well as to get out of the confusion, they tend to download the pirated version of the game. I think that a demo version of any game is needed to give the user a fair idea about the game’s performance, requirements and other details before they buy the whole game.

It’s not just indie game developers who seem avoid bringing out the demo versions of their games, but many big game developers too nowadays don’t release demo versions for their games. Nowadays a normal game has size up to 10 GB. Releasing the demo will need it to be at least 2 GB. I think this is an impractical way of releasing the demo as it will become a big download for most of the gamers with limited internet downloads. Also the level of graphics that are developed nowadays, the in-game graphics and the graphics shown in the trailer are same. Also the developers release the gameplay demo along with the trailer that shows maximum features of the game. So I think that this is better way to demonstrate a new game rather than releasing a demo version.

Endless Space needed demo version before releasing the full version. Developers could have brought out a small version of this game which would have just 50 turns after which the game would land again on the main menu. Also the game would be limited only up to 2 classes that too will have limited empire building options and limited fight options. This would have at least satisfied us knowing that the game will work properly on our hardware and what the game will be about. I know it would be hard to bring out a demo version and it would cost the developers, but they could have increased the price of the game so that at least people really interested in this game would pay more than getting money from people who are least interested in this game.