Thread: Cannot colonize Tundra Planet in Endless Space

Cannot colonize Tundra Planet in Endless Space

Why is it that I am able to colonize all other planets except Tundra Planet? Is there any special task to be done in order to colonize the Tundra Planet? As according to the game’s rule first I sent a colony ship to a system and made that system mine. Now to colonize the planets individually I researched Xenobotany which gave me the permission to colonize Tundra planet. But it looks like I cannot colonize this planet in the system.

Every time I try to colonize the planet I end up getting a message in bold letters saying missing requirement: colonize tundra. What this message is for and what should I do to get tundra colonize? Please help.

Re: Cannot colonize Tundra Planet in Endless Space

From last three days even I am looking into the same thing and keep on predicting one of the other logic for this problem. Initially I thought that there is a bug in this game which is disallowing the player to colonize the Tundra planet.

As far as I understand after we own a system we can easily colonize each planet without gathering and queuing up the ships. Also i remember that I did a correct unlock for the planet type, only after doing all this I was allotted to Colonize the Tundra. I am not sure but I personally feel that I will have to first get the appropriate requirement with the help of the colony ship for colonizing Tundra.

Another thing I have noticed is that I own an Ocean planet in the system and I always get a message where it says that I need ocean colonization. Where should I find it? First I was told to check in Skill tree. Even I first thought that I would get it in the Skill Tree but I couldn’t find ocean colonization over there too. Do not worry along with this trouble I am also getting that Tundra issue. Overall I am facing two problem in this game and as far as I can understand both the problem are related to Colonization. Definitely there is a bug in this game with respect to colonizing.

Are you sure that you have more than one population on your existing planet. If you are not aware let me explain you the main requirement of colonizing a new planet. You can colonize a new planet successfully only if you maximum number population at one planet.

Suppose if in a specific you have just one population in your planet and for colonizing a new planet if you send that one person from the existing planet to the new one then definitely the older planet will remain with empty population. This shouldn’t be the case in your game. Before you colonize a new planet gather as much as population possible.

There is no bug in the game. Everything is going as according to the game rule. The errors that you are getting are mostly faced by many other players playing this game. You might end up getting this error message if have some decent amount of planets with you that you have colonized and if those planets have only one population within them. Having an extra population is very much necessary for colonizing a new planet.

I would suggest you to first finish colonizing the planets that are close to full and only then colonize the new planets.

I must admit that game is going hand in hand along with some confusion. I never knew that Endless Space actually needs a minimum pollution requirement for colonizing the planets. I always thought that population never mattered but after later on as I kept playing each level I understood everything. Initially when I started the game the worst confusion I had was with the colony ship, planet and system. First I thought that I needed colony ship for each and every planet then I also thought that colony ship might be requiring for just a system.

But then later on I understood that for an every new system I will need a ship but after acquiring a planet in the existing system we can easily acquire the other planets.