Thread: Endless Space is similar type of game like Master of Orion

Endless Space is similar type of game like Master of Orion

I have checked out some videos and pictures of Endless Space and it looks like a copy of Master of Orion with some additions?? I have not played the game by now so I am not sure about the same. Is there anyone who has played the game and can address if it is actually a copy of Master of Orion or not??

Re: Endless Space is similar type of game like Master of Orion

Yes even I have heard the same, people have mentioning that Endless Space is successor of “Master of Orion” since the day it was revealed. I have not played the game yet as well but some of my friends have played it. They say that Endless Space appears as successor to Master of Orion as far as the galaxy management is concerned but combat system wise it is different. Anyways I don’t think that should matter as far as the game is interesting. I have heard that there is a lot to explore in this game and I really want to check that out. I had not preordered it but I will be getting the game by tomorrow for sure. Master of Orion was a good game and I am expecting Endless Space to be better.

I have played the game and I think that Master of Orion was better as it was simple. In Endless Space we need to have approval and I don’t understand why there is a need for it. They have tried adding additions in Endless Space and have made it bad, in Master of Orion’s we were allowed to design our ship and its complexity was reserved as well but that’s not in Endless Space. Some people have been mentioning that the background music and sound effects are awesome and so. I really don’t think that there was a need for those things a simple sci-fi sound would have been sounded better. The developers should focus on fundamentals requirement of the game and make it better than their alphas.

In my opinion they have just not copied ideas from Master of Orion but there are something that has been copied from Ground Control II and R.U.S.E as well. Even after that I don’t think that their combat system is interesting. Exception of the "tactics" cards has been taken from Ground Control II. I understand that the game is in alpha but their alpha is making me think that their final game will be boring.

I have played Master of Orion as well as Endless Space and even though it looks like a successor to Master of Orion I think that the developers have made Endless Space better. I find it to be better in the below terms:
    • Great User interface
    • Deep gameplay’
    • Good AI
    • Better 4x game then others

I think that it is one of the best alternatives for Master of Orion, I have spent hours playing this game but I have not yet got bored. I am still exploring the galaxy.