Thread: Endless Space game tips for noob players

Endless Space game tips for noob players

I was checking out for new games on internet when I came across Endless Space game. I read the reviews and player’s comments to find that this game is very interesting and addictive. So I got the game from Steam and started playing it. After playing some two or three battles, I found that the game is very difficult as compared to other games in the same category. I don’t know if it is just me or someone else too felt that this game is difficult. If anyone has played this game and managed to win battles, can they give me tips on how to play Endless Space game successfully?

Re: Endless Space game tips for noob players

The game allows us to scout the terrain and the environment in which the battle is going to take place before the battle actually starts. So take advantage of this feature and explore the battle field to find the places of your advantages. Find the spots from where you can attack on your enemy easily and from which point you can get good defensive support. Also remember to notice the size of the map. The smaller the map, the lesser amount of resources will be available. So you have to have the weapons and perks on your battle ship as per the resources are available. So recognizing the type of terrain every important in this battle.

One thing I have noticed about the players playing the strategy games for first time or have less experience of strategy games is that of choosing the class. I have read the forums and also comments of the gamers on some other websites. It seems that most of the players have chosen the class that was never meant for their style. The main reason is that the person finds the name of the class cool and fails to see what features and traits it provides. One should instead read what style of game can be played using a specific class, attacking, defensive, political or so on. Many users choose defensive class as its name was cool and later found that the bonus is very low for them. So the first rule is to decide what style you are going to play in. Then know the advantages and limitations of a class and then choose it.

Many people complained that in Endless Space game the game doesn’t give enough money to develop the nation. I’d say that game is designed such that you won’t be earning big money in the start itself. Strategy game is all about patience and also earning money in Endless Space game requires patience. In order to earn money many players increase the taxes of their colonies. This leads to reduction in production of technology. I have noticed that money doesn’t play much important role in starting turns. Thus, decreasing the taxes would be more advantageous. This will boost the production in the colony and increase the amount of money generated later. Once this s achieved, you won’t even feel need to increase the taxes in your colonies. The first things that you should go on building are the research refineries and the production refineries.

Hero is an integral part of the Endless Space game. You need to have a hero who will fight the battles and boost the victories for you. Hero should be first created after starting a colony. You will have options for developing the hero using the tech tree. So when you have enough money, then the first thing you have to do is to get a hero and start developing him. It is recommended to first develop hero’s one ability to full extent and then proceed to develop his other skills. This will help to use at least one skill with accuracy during battles. The other abilities can be developed as supporting abilities.

The ships play an important role in colonizing other parts of the space. The first thing that you should do after the game starts is to modify the structure of the ships you are given to start with. The colony ship should be given more powerful engines so that when under attack, it can move faster and escape the attacker. The scout ship is overloaded with weapons and unnecessary items; you can remove it to restore the full default speed. The scout ship doesn’t need attacking weapons as all it has to do it to search for resources, dropped weapons and enemies. The fighter ship which is needed to attack and defend the colony needs lots of attacking and defensive material on it. So it is necessary to add extra armor and weapons so that it can efficiently fight when needed.

If you think that small HP bonus doesn’t matter much then don’t forget that an ocean is made up of many drops. The increase in 15 HP will not make any difference to a single ship. But when 100s of such warships with increase in 15 HP comes together, the amount of strength of will increase by 1500 HP. So even the smallest looking technologies and upgrades can do big things when used wisely. Don’t hesitate to upgrade to small technologies if they come in way of big technologies. I have found many gamers who think it is waste of money to get small upgrades. Also remember that getting these small upgrades will unlock larger upgrades next to them.

Many people are excited that this game has a very detailed diplomacy. But the diplomacy is very weak in this game. If you make allies with some colony, then it might break suddenly. So it is recommended that you shouldn’t focus much on the diplomacy in this game. Rather you can go on full battle mode and go on attacking the enemy. Even if you ignore the diplomacy (not to the level where you don’t do any diplomacy) but just keep it to basic level, then you can concentrate your money on military and increase its force.

Many people say that Pirates in Endless Space game are very powerful as compared to other classes available in Endless Space game. Many people find these pirates difficult to beat them and say that developers have improperly balanced the classes. But if fought intelligently, you can defeat the pirates easily. After beating the pirates in one part, you should just place a neutral unit in that area. By neutral I mean there should be nothing, no weapons, no defensive units and nothing. The pirates don’t attack unit that don’t have anything to loot on it. So in short you have made that area free of pirates which is equivalent to capturing it. So this is how you defeat the pirates in Endless Space game.