Thread: What is Endless Space game all about exactly?

What is Endless Space game all about exactly?

One of friends got Endless Space game on his PC. I watched him play the game and was amazed by the gameplay and the graphics of the game. They were actually amazing. I asked my friend what the game was like; he said that it was an awesome and addictive game. He also said that once he started to play this game he would forget what was going around in the world. Every time it felt like he should play one more round and after the one round finished he wanted to play another round. I don’t know if it is true or not, but I checked on internet and many people have same opinion about the Endless Space game. I wanted to know from other gamers what this game is about. Can someone tell me?

Re: What is Endless Space game all about exactly?

The main plus point of Endless Space game that makes it so addictive is that it has a large number of options that helps one to try out different methods to beat the enemy. But one also forgets that enemy to has the same number of options to beat you. With numerous options, weapons, powers and in game items, this game provides multiple ways to try out different alternatives to defeat an enemy. One can change the course of the game at any point if one thinks wisely and uses appropriate powers and weapons to help him/herself in a battle. The game is a sci-fi turn based strategy game set in future world. You have to battle out in space using spaceships and other sci-fi weapons.

It feels like we are in Star Wars or Star Trek world with real spaceships to control and command around. We can order our army to attack the enemy or defends our troops. With a large scale of customization possible, we can actually customize the looks of spaceships, civilization, settlements and many other things. With option to choose from eight different races, we can create our own faction. We can also modify the galaxy in which we live by changing its structure, age and shape of the galaxy. With eight races available to choose from, we have a large amount of choices about the evolution of our races. The modification of the spaceships is the best part where we can add attacking weapons, armors or almost many things that come in our budget on the spaceship.

The tech tree that is provided in the Endless Space game also has some interesting branches that help us in the game to evolve and combat more efficiently. The tech tree begins as a single thread of technology and then splits up into four different branches. The technology available on these four branches goes on further to interlink with each other such that you have to upgrade one of the technology to have another one. This makes it necessary to follow almost all the nodes in this tree. Deciding upon the technology which needs to be updated is more difficult. You have more than one options and either all of them seems useful but after accepting one, choosing a dependent technology becomes difficult.

The Endless Space game throws such an disastrous situations at you that at one moment you criticize yourself for making certain decision in past levels. You think that becoming politically and economically powerful will help you to defeat the opposing enemies. So you concentrate most of your resources on developing your civilization’s political and economical background strong. But then all of the sudden you are attacked by an enemy who is strong in military power. You try to beat him using political forces or by economical forces. But he still attacks you. Then you realize that you forgot to improve your military strength and they are still primitive. The enemy can wipe you race/faction completely to leave your world in smoke of acid. This makes the game more exciting and more addictive.

The Endless Space game is like a sandbox thrown at you with resources enough to help you explore a much as you can. If you think that you have discovered enough options and tools available in the game, then you are wrong, more options and tools will be given to you. At one point it seems like you have too many unsorted powers and items to use. It seems like mess and you cannot decide what to use and what not to use. But if properly observed and studied, then all these powers and items are properly balanced and arranged such that you will have to use maximum out of them. Sometimes it happens that you don’t even know what a power or the weapon does, until you use it to see the effect.

I think that Endless Space game is an awesome game that shows how the games need to be made. The big game developers should learn few things from developers of Endless Space game to learn how depth to the gameplay should be added. The development options provided are so vast and wide, I don’t remember any other game having such large number of options. But at few moments where the game fails is that it fails to give us proper information about the happenings in the game. If you have conquered an alien colony, then there is no notification of your victory. If you are unable to take the spaceship in some area, then no reason is given. But other than this, gameplay is great.

The game is great for strategy but gets boring as the game progresses. The world and the captured colonies become so big that it becomes difficult to manage. The micromanagement feature that is given to use seems great in the beginning of the game. But when large number of colonies comes up the micromanagement becomes difficult and irritating. More than half the time we spend in managing the colonies and less time in battle in further apart. This is where the game becomes boring. But a person really interested in management of colonies will find Endless Space game as a heaven.

The game is not thrilling or like edge of the seat game where one will be excited to know what comes next. The only great part of the game I liked was that the enemy would come up with some different strategy or method almost every time. If you are attacked by an enemy once by a laser gun and next time you find same enemy will attack you with plasma guns. This flexibility keeps one engrossed in the game for long time. One thing I didn’t like is that the multiplayer game is that it too runs on same pace as the single player game.