Thread: Improve happiness on planets and fire missiles in Endless Space game?

Improve happiness on planets and fire missiles in Endless Space game?

At last Endless Space is out and I must say that I am very fast in playing and analyzing games. With no time I not just played the game but also I managed to gather few doubts related to this game.

Many of the times I have realized that I actually do collect the missiles and gather them into my ship but what about their actual work. Why aren’t they used for firing? I have tried my best but I didn’t find any option from which I can use those missiles. Can anyone confirm whether they are useful of they are just for name sake?
    My other question is regarding the happiness. How can we improve the happiness in my planets?

Re: Improve happiness on planets and fire missiles in Endless Space game?

This is the most common question that most of the players of Endless Space game have. Even recently my friend asked me the same question. He was very much eager to know about maintaining and improving the happiness on the planet. Mostly what happens is that whenever you leave your planet alone everything seems to be very dropped down. Anyways you can easily improve the happiness by just changing the empire view i.e. tax rate. You can change the tax rate with the help of the tax rate slider. The slider will help you in adjusting the rating. Remember that lower the tax rate, lower the revenue. Also I would suggest you to change certain system improvements with checking the Trade and Diplomacy Tech tree.

Adjusting the Tax rates is not surely going to improve the happiness as everything depends upon your game play and the present condition. But still I would say to try your hands with what has been explained above.

Other than this regarding the missiles first of all I would like to say that they are not at all for name sake. You can surely make use of those collected missiles once when you are in the combat of your starting round. Obviously using them is upon you. You can its working details from the control options. Make sure that your missiles are complete useless if the opposition team or ship comes up with an anti-missile defense. I would suggest you not to use and waste out your missiles if the opposing team has anti-missile defenses.

Even I was having a huge doubt with using the missiles. The same doubt used to go around in my mind. However now I am very much clear but I am not just limit till here there is still another question that I need to clear. The worst problem that I am facing is with building colonizers. Its not that I am not able to build colonizers but the problem is that I almost reaches three to four attempts just to build one colonizer. And even if I build one it doesn’t seems as efficient as it should be. It is really embarrassing for me as I am still not doing well with building colonizers. Guys can someone help me with it.

Yeah, mostly this problem is faced by any usual player. Even I have noticed that the opponent aliens always have the advantage in their favor. Mostly I have noticed that they do already have a small empire build up and on the other side I am given only some few handy planets which is quite annoying.

And when I think to increase my empire soon with my performance it never seems to be happen successfully and quickly because the speed at which my boundaries expands are too slowly as compared to their. They just get the things quicker in their hands; their boundaries expand twice faster than mine. Even if I manage to build all the upgrades on my system the best way possible nothing looks working.

With building the colonizers I can advice you certain things. It would be much better if you try to build the colonizer in a bunch in various multiple systems. You can do it until your own population is retained for the longest time possible. I personally prefer to conquer at least 8 to 10 systems as soon as possible. Always remember that your first preference should be building up colony ships and settling the neighbor systems as they are too difficult and very important task to be done. Once I am done with my basic and the most important tasks I carry on with building up the defensive fleets. I know that building defensive fleets are quite complicated. This is why the reason I prefer to do it later on after I target the necessary things. However after building the defensive fleets I colonize more and more. Gathering enough population helps us a lot but they also proves to be increasing the responsibility as specializing becomes another task that we need to do.

I would really appreciate your suggestion but the trick that you have suggested doesn’t really look effective. I don’t think building a colony ship is that easy. As according to my knowledge your level of development and your section is the one that indicates the number of turns to make a colony ship. If the development level is well improved then might be the number of turns will be higher. And obviously fulfilling the criteria in a game never looks easy.