Thread: Spec Ops: The Line has no respawn game mode

Spec Ops: The Line has no respawn game mode

I played Spec Ops: The Line yesterday for some time. First I tried out the single player campaign which was good. So I turned to multiplayer campaign to play. In this mode, I played some matches and found that there isn’t a single game mode where we can have no respawn. I thought that it would have at least one game mode like Counter Strike where you die once you get hit and don’t respawn until next round. But every game mode has respawn of characters which becomes irritating. Did anyone else to find this bad for a game like Spec Ops: The Line?

Re: Spec Ops: The Line has no respawn game mode

I think that this game is good with respawn. The game is kind of tougher than Counterstrike and without respawn it would become impossible to play it properly. The amount of bullets taken to kill an enemy is so less and the handling of the gun is so easy that taking a headshot is very easy. So a person with good mouse handling will easily get all the kills why casual players and new gamers will find it difficult to fight against them.

I think respawning is much needed feature in the multiplayer mode of Spec Ops: The Line. Also the game is new, it will take time for the people to understand it and get habituated to it. So this is why respawning is needed.

Respawning steals away the realism in this game. I mean the developers made everything in this game so realistic, the graphics, the animation, the environment and almost everything. But they missed out the multiplayer mode for realism. It seems that some work is needed here. Developers should release a patch where the respawning will be stopped. This will make the game interesting as the matches will become tougher and players will need more skill to survive in the multiplayer game of Spec Ops: The Line.

The maps of Spec Ops: The Line are so big and confusing that it takes half the time to know which part connects where and entering from which doors takes us where. I think that if no respawn is given than it would create problems as we would spend half our time searching for way in fight area only to realize that we have been shot dead. Also the clothes of the players are designed such that one will be easily camouflaged in the environment.

So it becomes difficult to find hidden players. Due to this difficulties designed in Spec Ops: The Line, I think that multiple respawn is needed. I played this game for around an hour and realized that gun handling is very simple. You can easily get headshots. I am a casual gamer and I found is so simple, just imagine how efficiently will the professional and regular gamers will do killings. This is why need of multiple respawning is needed.

I think that developer of Spec Ops: The Line are waiting for many people get into the multiplayer mode of this game. They must be getting less number of people than anticipated before developing the game. Once they get enough members to play the game in multiplayer mode, they might change the rules of the games. I think that game modes like last man standing should be developed which will have no respawns in the game. Also the game’s map is so big hat if no respawn was given, after dying; one would have to sit idle for a long time. Because of the big map, it would become tough for gamers to find each other on the map. So the dead players will have to watch others play while they sit silent. This will become a major turn off for the game. Thus the current system is good.