Thread: Prototype 2 for PC might appear at the end of July 2012

Prototype 2 for PC might appear at the end of July 2012

On 24th April 2012, Activision released Prototype 2 for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Now on 24th July 2012, this game will again be released for PC. Since I am a Pc gamer, I am eagerly waiting for this game. I had played the first part of Prototype and seriously loved it because of its uniqueness and also because it provides a new type of game to play. The story was also good and the whole concept. I was bit disappointed because of the delayed release for the PC, but now I just have to wait for few days. Is anyone else too eagerly waiting for this game? What do you think people, how will this game be for PC?

Re: Prototype 2 for PC might appear at the end of July 2012

I hope that the PC version of Prototype 2 is not console ported. In recent times where many other gaming consoles are available in market, the games are developed for them first and then for PC. Due to this, the properties of the games many times come out bad than they should be.

Some games have bad key binding with keyboard; some have fewer options to set in the PC and some other such problems. I hope that Prototype 2 has solved such problems and then giving us the game. If the game doesn’t have proper key configuration, then I guarantee that most of the gamers won’t be playing it.

Since the games played on consoles are displayed on televisions, the resolution of the console games are limited. This limite3d resolution is also passed on in PC games which create a problem as there are more resolutions possible in PC than on console. This problem was seen in many console ported games and hope that developers do not follow it in Prototype 2. Also the developers should see to it that they have made available options for various aspect ratios as monitors with different aspect ratios are used all around the world. It becomes useless when the console ported games comes out buggy and then the developers release an patch to cure it. I think that these things should be tested before releasing the game itself.

One good thing about releasing a game separately for PC is that the graphics and the effects of the game comes out much better than the console versions.

The flexibility in the hardware for computer is so large that developers can use the high quality textures for the PC version. This improves the graphics greatly for the PC games over the console games. Alan Wake was released two years later for PC than the consoles.

This helped it to have two times higher quality graphics for PC. Also the effects were very improved. The fog effect, the effect of the torch light and other effects like explosions were of high quality.

In the PC version, the developers can use the graphic properties like ambient occlusion, reflections, FXAA, SSAO and many other such properties are added. Due to this if the game is run on high end hardware, the game gives almost life like realism in the graphics. . I hope same pattern is followed for Prototype 2 as it has scope of good graphics and effects. Since Prototype 2 has good amount of fluid effects in form of blood, I think it will be enhanced when played on PC.

Am too waiting for Prototype 2 to release for PC and I too am big fan. Hope it comes out bug free and is good to play on PC.