Thread: 16:10 resolution not supported for Spec Ops

16:10 resolution not supported for Spec Ops

I am having a 16:10 monitor and while playing Spec Ops on the same I am getting black bars. I have checked out for the same on the web and have found that the game does not support 16:10 resolution. Is it true?? I have not yet found any officials addressing the same. Is there any solution for running the game on 16:10 resolution without any such issues?? If yes then please let me know it will be very help full.

Re: 16:10 resolution not supported for Spec Ops

Even I have heard that the game does not support 16:10 resolution but in my case I am facing the same black bars at 1920x1200 as well. I don’t know what the issue all about is, I have found many people raising this issue but I have not come across any solution fixing this. I have tried updating the graphic card to the latest drivers as well but that’s not helping. I am not having the same issue with other games that I have played but it is just with Spec Ops. If anyone here finds any update on this issue then share it here, it will be appreciated.

If you want then you can try using Flawless Widescreen utility it has been found to fixing 4:3 and 16:10 resolutions displaying black bars. If you are not aware of the Flawless Widescreen utility then I will like to inform you that it is a tool which has been designed for fixing UltraWide/Surround/Eyefinity widescreen gaming for some games. You can get the Flawless Widescreen utility from Widescreen Gaming Forum Website. The other features of Flawless Widescreen utility are as followed:

It has a Repository based plugins with autonomous updating facility.
    It does not utilize much of the memory and requires minimal programming knowledge.

You just have to download and install it and run as Admin and you need to have C++ 2010 Runtime (x86). Below are some shortcuts that you can use for making the changes:
    • Hotkey Enable: Ctl+Alt+Z (default)
    • Hotkey Add FOV: Numpad + (default)
    • Hotkey Minus FOV: Numpad - (default)
    • Closing Tabs: Right click> Close.

I am quite sure Flawless Widescreen utility will help you out as Spec Ops: The Line game has been mentioned in the support list of the same as well. Just try it out and let me know if that’s helping.

I am not sure if this will work but you can try making the below changes and see if the issues is getting solved:
    1. Set SpecOps the Line to a FoV of 90 using Flawless Widescreen utility
    2. Enable FXAA in the nvidia control panel
    3. Give it a try and let me know if it is helping, if it does not then try contacting the official support and check out if you are getting any help from them.

It was really helpful, I have now set the SpecOps: The Line to a FoV of 90 and have Enable FXAA in the nvidia control panel and I am not getting the black bars anymore. Anyways while checking out Flawless Widescreen utility I found that we can Skip Introduction Logo Videos by deleting the below files from Spec Ops The Line\SRGame\Movies\. I have tried it out and I am quite sure it is working, if anyone else is interested in the same then even they can give it a try.
    • 2KDemo_Warn.bik
    • 2KLogo.bik
    • blackscreen_3sek.bik
    • Legal.bik
    • LegalScreen.bik
    • legal_DEU.bik
    • legal_ESN.bik
    • legal_FRA.bik
    • legal_ITA.bik
    • legal_logo_screen.bik
    • UnrealLogo.bik
    • YagerLogo.bik