Thread: Download hotfix to run Quantum Conundrum on low pc specifications

Download hotfix to run Quantum Conundrum on low pc specifications

I have a PC which has a five year old graphic card. Even the other hardware like processor, RAM and motherboard are five years old. I watched the trailer of Quantum Conundrum and liked the game. I had previously played Portal and loved that game. Quantum Conundrum too is similar to it and thus I want to play it. I checked the hardware specifications for this game and found them slightly high than what I have. But in past I have run games that were never meant for my hardware. So is there any chance that I can run this game on my computer. Is there any patch that will tone down the graphic settings enough to make the game run on my computer?

Re: Download hotfix to run Quantum Conundrum on low pc specifications

If you go over to the game’s system files which are located at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Quantum Conundrum\Engine\Config then you will find a config file in .ini format. The name of this file will be BaseEngine.ini. You can open this file in notepad and edit the values in it to achieve low graphic settings in Quantum Conundrum.

You will need to edit the value related to graphics in this file and adjust it according to your hardware’s level. See to it that you don’t change anything else as it might interrupt the game’s working badly. You will need to run the game many times to see if the changes have occurred if not.

Re: Download hotfix to run Quantum Conundrum on low pc specifications

Te number of options and lines that are seen in the config file of Quantum Conundrum is so large and complex that a person with less knowledge about programming or graphic settings will get confused and might mess up the file badly to make the game useless. Since I have knowledge about graphic settings and programming, I can provide you with an altered file that will certainly help you to run Quantum Conundrum on computer with low end hardware.

Download the following attachment and you will find a .zip file. Extract two .ini files from it. One will be named as TweakedBaseEngine.ini and another MainBaseEngine. The MainBaseEngine.ini is the original file with no value altered. You can keep it as if you find that given altered file doesn’t work, you can replace it with original file to restore the game to old settings. Before using any of these files, rename them to BaseEngine.ini. Now copy the file by name TweakedBaseEngine.ini to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Quantum Conundrum\Engine\Config Move the original BaseEngine.ini file to some other folder and remane the TweakedBaseEngine.ini to BaseEngine.ini. Here you are running Quantum Conundrum in low end hardware.
    Attached Files Attached Files