Thread: Is there 8vs8 or 16vs16 multiplayer mode in Spec Ops: The Line?

Is there 8vs8 or 16vs16 multiplayer mode in Spec Ops: The Line?

I am sure I am not the only one who has liked this game as the best. Until now I have played the demo of Spec Ops: The Line and it was quite impressive. Overall I would say that the demo version is just awesome. But however there is a question going around in my mind regarding the multiplayer issue. As far as I know there is only 4vs4 multiplayer play possible and not more than that. This is the only think which is stoping me from buying the original version. With the demo version I know that 8vs8 or 16vs16 was not possible but what about the actual one that is released now. Is there any 8vs8 or 16vs16 multiplayer mode in it? Guys please answer to my doubt and if possible also share your opinion about 16vs16 multiplayer mode.

Re: Is there 8vs8 or 16vs16 multiplayer mode in Spec Ops: The Line?

I guess it is not possible for us to play this game in either 8vs8 or 16vs16 for multiplayer mode. You are not the only one who is looking out for playing this game in with such huge number of players in a multiplayer mode. I am one amongst them. Nobody has got the reason for why exactly the developer of this game has not 16vs16 and instead kept it limited to only 4vs4. 4vs4 really looks too small especially in our clan. Yes, I do have a clan of around 30 people and we normally prefer to play games which normally support huge number of multiples at a time. When I recommended them to try this game, they told me about the fact of no support for 16vs16 in a multiplayer mode. I was very much annoyed. Please someone try to bring up 16vs16 mode into this game. Only then I will be able to introduce it in my group. This is the best game I have ever played.

I do agree with you two people but don’t you think that 16v16 is too much. I mean, having a game with 16v16, especially in a game like Spec Ops: The Line sounds bit weird. It’s a third person shooter video game and I personally feel that 4v4 for a multiplayer mode would be much decent and stable and also I would help us to avoid confusion while playing the game.

So better stay with what is provided to us and not think to create too much mess around in the game. If the developers of game have provided the facility of playing with the limit of only 4v4 in the multiplayer mode then there might be something behind that.

I am not with anyone. Neither 16v16 is suitable nor 4v4 is done for me. Look as already said above 4v4 seems to be too small and obviously in a game like Spec Ops: The Line the enjoyment lies playing with huge crowd within the game in each level. But that doesn’t mean we should ask for 16v16. 16v16 becomes too high. I will really look too messy. I would request for 8v8, not less and also not high as 16v16. The game would be enjoyable and also you will feel like playing with an excitement with such decent amount of players. Anyways right now, even with 4v4 I am enjoying it at its best so no problem if the developers do not fulfill the request.

That’s a good suggestion I must say. The idea of having more players is very good. I personally feel that this game is very much similar to Socom, in fact it almost touches the fun factor of Socom. The only thing that takes away the fun is the limitations of number of player in the multiplayer mode. 8v8 is a well defined and an appropriate amount of player that are suitable for the multiplayer mode of such game.

I would strictly buy Spec Ops: The Line only if changes to the multiplayer mode will be applied. Come on, everyone knows that 4v4 has not much fun especially for this game.