Thread: How to turn on anti-aliasing in Quantum Conundrum

How to turn on anti-aliasing in Quantum Conundrum

I have started playing Quantum Conundrum and I have found that the edges are appearing weird and making the game worse. I have heard that we can turn anti-aliasing on for getting rid of the horrible edges but I don’t know how to do that. I mean I am not able to find out any option for the same. Is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: How to turn on anti-aliasing in Quantum Conundrum

If you want then you can try enabling FXAA in your global settings before starting the game and that should help you out in getting rid of the horrible edges to some extent. If you force FXAA then there are possibilities that the game will get crashed on start-up. If that’s not helping you out then you can try using the program settings tab. You just have to go in to global settings and then switch to program settings after that you can check out for Steam root dir\steamapps\common\Quantum Conundrum\Binaries\Win32 and select TryGame-Win32-Shipping.exe. When you are done with the same and you can see it in programs list then you can change FXAA setting to on as well. Just try out these possible solutions and let me know if anyone of them is helping.

I am not sure if this will work or not but I have found one mentioning that he was facing the same issue but was able to solve by making the below changes. If you want then you can try out the same and see if you are getting any help from it.

• Go to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\TryGame\Config\TryEngine.ini and disable motion blur by setting MotionBlur=False, allow D3D11 by setting AllowD3D11=True, MaxAnisotropy=16, MaxMultiSamples=4, and change the ResX and ResY accordingly so that it matches your LCD Screen resolution. You should also enable PhysX support by setting bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=true.
    • When you are done with the same then you can change setting in the NVidia Control Panel. Here set Antialiasing - Mode: Override, Multi-display: Single display performance mode, and Antialiasing - FXAA: On.

With these settings the game should run smoother, just give it a try and let me know if it is actually helping. Some people had mentioned that it had worked out for them so I think it should help you out as well.

I have tried out making the changes suggested by DougWison and it is appearing to be helping but I am still facing some jaggies while playing the game. I don’t have much idea about these things so I just wanted to know if this is an issue with the game itself or my system is lacking some thing. In my case I am having a AMD Radeon HD 6950 and while looking after a solution for this over the web I found some people that this is not an issue with the game but it is with the video card. I really don’t agree upon that as I did not had any issues with the previous games that I have played like Batman Arkham Asylum and others. What do you guys have to say on that?? Further help regarding this issue will be highly appreciated.

If the above solutions are not working out for you then you can try using an Anti-Aliasing injector called SMAA injector, you can download it from the below attachment.

Once you have downloaded it just extract the same and copy those files in "d3d9" folder and paste in the folder having Quantum Conundrum executable.

For Windows 32bits:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapp\(yournick)\Quantum Conundrum\Binaries\Win32

For Windows 64bits:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapp\(yournick)\Quantum Conundrum\Binaries\Win32

If you want then you can simply switch anti-aliasing on and off by pressing the "Pause/Break" button. I have tried out the same and it is working fine. Just try it out guys and post back what you get.