Thread: Quantum Conundrum is missing advance graphics settings

Quantum Conundrum is missing advance graphics settings

After watching the trailer of Quantum Conundrum I was excited to play this game. After playing Portal and Portal 2, I found this game similar to it and this is what attracted me towards it. I brought this game and installed it in my PC. But after starting the game, it gave me lowest fps possible. I don’t have all the high end hardware, but the game started such that I couldn’t bear the game more than few minutes. Another of my friend who too brought this game played it as he has better hardware than I have. But even after starting in his PC, I felt like vomiting. No, the game isn’t bad, but the field of view really is. We searched for the graphic settings for this game but couldn’t find any. I think that this game is missing this feature, what do other people think about the graphics of Quantum Conundrum?

Re: Quantum Conundrum is missing advance graphics settings

Due to high quality of graphics, the game is lagging in my computer. I think that developers should provide options to change the resolution of the game. At present the resolution has been set to 1280 x 1024 whereas I want to play this game in1024 x 768. Also the other details like texture quality, reflection, anti-aliasing are set to such high level that I barely get 20 to 25 fps during the actual gameplay. The developers should provide options to change resolution and other details of the graphics for this game. Also this game doesn’t have highly detailed environment like in Grand Theft Auto IV that we need to have high details. The game needs good reflexes, but to achieve it, we need to stop the game from lagging. I think that developers need to bring out a patch that will provide us options to change the graphic levels of Quantum Conundrum.

I think that developers need to bring out a patch that will provide us options to change the graphic levels of Quantum Conundrum.
    I too agree that developers should release a patch for providing Quantum Conundrum with more graphic details. This patch should have more resolutions for use in the game and for monitors with different aspect ratios. Also the main option should be to change the FOV of the game. Mere five minutes of playing Quantum Conundrum gives me headaches. Also due to high graphics set at default level, I have noticed many page tears during the gameplay. So to reduce this, I think we need V-Sync options in this game. Also at many points in this game, I found that shiny objects give more than normal level of shine, so to control this maybe bloom toggle option too is needed. Also since the game is high on graphics, switching to other applications and switching back to game takes lot of time. So I think, option to run the game in windowed mode is also needed.

Not everybody owns a high end computer with high end graphic card in it. So I think that developers should consider having options which will help to change the quality of textures and other related options too in Quantum Conundrum. I can play this game with objects showing me jagged edges and less smoothness. This game is more about reactions than visuals so I need an option to reduce the anti-aliasing. Again texture resolution should be provided as I don’t need heavy textures that will eat up a huge amount of game’s loading time. Other options that I need to make this game more optimal for my computer are model details, shadow details, shader details, texture filtering, ambient occlusion quality and effects details. These all options will really help the game to run better than how it is performing currently.

I think that Quantum Conundrum will be fun to play on multiple monitor setups. So if the developers might provide options to play this game in SLI more or by using CrossFire, then it would be fun. I think that patch should be made to enable them too. Also the best dimension that I think is available in this game is the one in which objects move in slow motion. If this game was made for 3D vision, then to watch some object slowly fly in 3D would really be fun. So I think that Quantum Conundrum deserves to have options for 3D vision too.