Thread: How to fix low fps, resolution, etc in Quantum Conundrum

How to fix low fps, resolution, etc in Quantum Conundrum

I have downloaded and installed Quantum Conundrum recently and I am facing issues like low fps, resolution and freezing. Don’t think there is anything wrong with my rig and it is fulfilling the system requirement for this game. I have checked about the same on the web and have not found any other facing such issues and have not got any help by now. So is there anyone who can help me out here??

Re: How to fix low fps, resolution, etc in Quantum Conundrum

You can try setting the virtual ram and check out if that’s helping:

• Go to Start > Right Click on My Computer > select Properties > click on Advanced System Settings > click on Advanced Tab > click on Performance Settings and just select Adjust.
    • After that go in to Advanced Tab> Virtual Memory> select Change> Select Custom Size> now set the size for the hard drive and finally select set.
    • When you are done with the same you will be prompted for restarting the system, so do the same and run the game.

Just try this out and let me know of the issue is getting solved.

Hey you can also try replacing your BaseEngine.ini with the below attached file. In this file some graphic options along with VSync has been disabled. You just have go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Quantum Conundrum\Engine\Config copy your BaseEngine.ini somewhere for a backup and replace it with the below attached file. Just make sure that you are going in to the Engine directory and not C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Quantum Conundrum\Trygame\Config copy as both of them is having a config named file. So don’t get confused between them.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can very well try out replacing your config file with the above attached one but if that does not help then you replace with this one as well. This file will be disabling Vsync and caps, it will remove bloom, motion blur effects and will set the resolution to 1920*1080. If at all you are not willing to run the game on 1920*1080 then you can very well change it by setting resX & resY value which will be there in "[SystemSettings]" section. I have tried out the same and its really helping in getting rid of low fps. Just give it a try and let me know if it is helping you as well or not.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Before trying out this solution you should also make sure that you are updating your graphic card driver to the latest available as well. I don’t think the above solution will help you out If you having don’t update your graphic card driver. If you still have those issues then post back your system specification so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with the same as well.

So now I have tried out adjusting the virtual ram, I have also tried replacing my game config file with the above ones but they both are not appearing to be making much difference. The freezing issue has been solved but I am still getting low fps,My system specification is as followed:
    • Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    • 2x2GB 800MHz DDR2
    • Zotac GeForce GTX 470 AMP 1280MB

I did not had any issues ion playing games like Diablo 3, Crysis 2 the issue seems to be with Quantum Conundrum only. I am just running out of patience now. I have tried out all the possible solution that I could have but I have not yet got any help from the same. is there anything else I can try out to get better fps?? Any help regarding this issue further will be highly appreciative.