Thread: XLFG tools in The Secret World

XLFG tools in The Secret World

I started playing The Secret World last week and I have completed the Polaris. After completing this level and getting to know this game properly, I have started liking this game. But one drawback this awesome game suffers from is that is has bad XLFG tools. I man the grouping system is bad for the gameplay and I think that this part should be eliminated from the game. The game should be focused on the world and the fight rather than the dungeon fights. What do other people who have played The Secret World think about it?

Re: XLFG tools in The Secret World

I too think that the auto grouping system in The Secret World is bad. I mean, we need to have a fight at a certain area where we need to have a group. Now the auto grouping system just pushes some random people who want to enter the fight. I think this system needs to be changed. The game should provide list of people who want to play the specific dungeon and then the person can choose whom he wants in the group. Many times it happens that some person who doesn’t have enough experience or don’t have powerful weapons to play the specific area, enters the area in auto grouping system. He either keeps getting killed or doesn’t help much as he turns out to be weak for that area. Letting one choose the group members will help him get the proper members who have good level and might have proper weapons to fight with.

This auto grouping system is the best as it helps the weaker members get experience and to play with players of the higher level. If the game starts allowing picking players, then it will create an atmosphere of discrimination in the game. The stronger players will remain in one team while weaker one in one team. So due to this, the stronger will get stronger by getting the higher level pickups. Similarly, the weaker players will remain weak as they won’t get group that will help them beat the specific level. Also allowing players to choose desired group members will limit the communication among the players. For example, in random grouping system, a player might meet many different peoples every time. This will increase his friend circle and recognition. But if developers allow person to choose group, then the person will choose only those who he/she knows.

One thing I hated about The Secret World was that it has many dungeons like missions and less of the world exploration part. I mean, the developers have made large cities like New York and London and all we have to do is fight in the closed area instead of the streets of these cities. Speaking about the grouping system, the auto grouping is good for this game. Some missions in this game are designed such that need of a group arises. Here if manual selection is allowed, then some person who is picky will not join group with weak players. Maybe, a player who is stronger will not allow weaker players to join the group in other case. But in auto grouping this is stopped. Also auto grouping saves time as we can directly jump into the fight without having to wait for proper team mates.