Thread: Which server The Secret World game is going to be played on?

Which server The Secret World game is going to be played on?

I am currently playing The Secret World and I am enjoying it. While playing I had a thought that if this game is MMORPG, then there might be thousands of people playing at a time from all over the world. It is fine till now because the game is new and many people must have not started playing this game. But I wanted to know which server does this game run on, is it a local server which changes according to the country of the person or there is a same server for whole world?

Re: Which server The Secret World game is going to be played on?

I hope EA Games have reserved multiple servers for different countries. At present, I don’t think that game is famous that it will crowd the world serer. But once many people start getting knowledge about The Secret World and they start playing it, it is obvious that existing servers won’t be enough to accommodate all the people. With country wise servers available, players from one country will only play in that server, that is players from Canada will first get names of the online games in their country and then worldwide. This will help to reduce the load on the main server and let everybody play the game without any problem caused due to clustering of players.

Yes, I too think that EA Games should avoid using common servers. When the players will get in numbers that the current server can’t handle, it will create problems like denial of services and in adequate distribution of resources. For example, if the capacity of the server is that it can handle only 1 lakh members at a time, then members coming after 1 lakh will have to wait till some of the members quit the server. This will create a big bee line which will be harmful for reputation of the game as well as comfort of its members. Another problem of having common server for whole world will cause problems of ping. I mean, if the server is located in England, then people from India will have problems accessing it. The ping value will be so high that the game will take enormous time to connect and also many other activities might take time. Again if the internet connection drops in between, then reconnection will be a big issue for reconnection of the player to the server.

I don’t think that EA games will have only one server for The Secret World. The game is MMO and EA Games is not some newbie in field of gaming that it will do such a mistake. Even before The Secret World released, EA Games released so many games which could be played online. For these games, EA Games must have already made servers ready for various regions in world. So I don’t think that having dedicated server for each country will be problem when it comes to The Secret World. I have played so many of games from EA Games, but I never experienced any problem connecting to their servers. So I think that even now there won’t be any problem.

To play The Secret World a PC with good hardware and high speed internet is needed. In many parts of the world many people don’t have this. As I live in India, I can tell you there won’t be any crowd from this country as not many people own high end computers and high speed internet as compared to U.S.A. and Canada. So I don’t think that The Secret World will get crowd from India. Similarly there are many countries where not many people will be found to play this game online. Also I didn’t find The Secret World such a game that it will attract a huge crowd. There are many people who still play World of Warcraft and other MMO games. I don’t think that they will switch over to The Secret World. Thus, I think that a common server will work for now.