Thread: Civilization V: Gods & Kings doesn’t have proper unit voices

Civilization V: Gods & Kings doesn’t have proper unit voices

I have been playing Civilization V: Gods & Kings for some days and I noticed that it has some incorrect voices. I mean, the voices of the leaders aren’t even close to how they really sounded. For example, Mahatma Gandhi’s voice doesn’t even sound like him. In real, Gandhiji had polite and soft voice. Also the way in which they spoke was sweet. But here in this game, the voice isn’t similar to the Gandhiji’s original voice and the way of speaking is very formal. So if this voice isn’t matching the real voice, I don’t think that voices of other leaders too will match their original voices. What do other people think about this, should developers provide voices that will match the original ones as a patch?

Re: Civilization V: Gods & Kings doesn’t have proper unit voices

I don’t think that there is no need of updating the voices of the leaders as the current voices are satisfactory and fulfill the purpose in this game. Anyways, all the leaders those are present in Civilization V: Gods & Kings are history and they don’t exist in real. Most of the leaders haven’t left any form of audio that will help us know how they sounded. It is just based on the records kept by the historians about how they sound. I think that developers must have assumed voices of the leaders based on their physical looks. For example, since Genghis Khan was physically strong and more of a warrior, he is given a strong and heavy voice which sounds commanding. Also most of the leaders portrayed ion Civilization V: Gods & Kings are from 17th and 18th century, so it is obvious that there were no means of recording an audio. Now that this game has the leaders, they needed some sounds. So the developers have given them sounds approximately close to what they must have sounded.

Re: Civilization V: Gods & Kings doesn’t have proper unit voices

Maybe most of the leaders in Civilization V: Gods & Kings haven’t left any records that prove how they sounded when alive. But Mahatma Gandhi was alive during British rule in India. The British had recorded his speech and some had even created video tapes of it. So if the developers had researched about them, they would have got actual voice of Mahatma Gandhi. I know that this topic is not practical to discuss, but at least some efforts would have made game more attractive. It is great on the developer’s side that they have used real historic figures in the game. But they should have taken care of the facts of the leaders whose numerous records were available.