Thread: Pre-order of Civilization V: Gods & Kings disappeared from Steam

Pre-order of Civilization V: Gods & Kings disappeared from Steam

I had pre-ordered Civilization V: Gods & Kings from Steam and it got downloaded and installed on the date which was specified by the developers. But after the game was installed, it went missing from the Steam library. I re-installed the game and tried again, but the same problem occurred. I rebooted my computer to see if the installation of the game was done properly or not, but the game never appeared in my Steam library’s list. Can anyone tell me what is happening, why I can’t see the installed game?

Re: Pre-order of Civilization V: Gods & Kings disappeared from Steam

Have you registered the game by using the activation code properly. Many times, it happens that people forget to register the game and thus it doesn’t appear in the Steam library. Many times it also happens that people use more than one account of Steam on their computer. If you are using more than one Steam account from your PC, then see to it that you are properly logged out of the account that you won’t be using and you are properly logged in the account that you want to play the game with. Try restarting Steam again.

See if you have set the Steam library to show you all the games that you have downloaded and installed via Steam. Even after logging in properly you don’t see some game, then maybe you haven’t set filter right. On the right hand top corner of the Library in Steam, you will find options to set filters on the games. Here you have to set the filter to All Games to make visible every that you have installed. This filter helps to sort out the games as per the given options, like recently installed should be shown on top or oldest should be shown. Many times, this filter gets set to wrong option by default or by user’s error. Set this right if you haven’t.

The games that are downloaded via Steam come from various different servers from different parts of the world. Now many times, it happens that you have downloaded some content from a website, but the content turns out to be improper or malicious. So the antivirus or the firewall that you are using blacklists the server. If the game is also being downloaded from same server, it isn’t allowed by the anti-virus or the firewall. So maybe this must have happened in your case and thus Civilization V: Gods & Kings must not have been downloaded properly due to blacklisting of the server. Since Steam tries to download the files and directly install them in your computer, the firewall must have considered as data breaching software. Try disabling your firewall or antivirus and then try installing and activating Civilization V: Gods & Kings.