Thread: The Secret World Player Housing

The Secret World Player Housing

I have played The Secret World for three days now and I loved this game. I have played much MMO kind off games till now, but this game is one of the best I have ever played. I loved the way EA Games have provided control over character to the players, I loved the way environment have been designed and overall presentation of this game. But one thing that I found odd about this game was that there is no place for the character to stay or wait. I mean, The Secret World has all its maps so big and filled with all kinds of bad elements, but there is no safe house to protect one’s character from it. Like every other open world game, where there is a safe house for characters where we can safely hide our character from outside dangers, but here in The Secret World, there is no such place. It is like our character always does remain in open. I think developers should add houses where we can have our characters safe. What do other people think about this?

Re: The Secret World Player Housing

I don’t think that any organization, then be it Templar or Illuminati will send its troop to do their work without any backup. I don’t think that such organizations don’t have any bases. Since they are spread all over the world, there will have some centre or some person who will be providing information about activities of their interest from the designated point. So to have such person in place, they will need to provide some house. I agree that EA Games should have provided housing facilities to the characters to increase the realism of the game. I mean, in GTA series, if we are being chased by police or the opposite gang members, hiding inside the safe house will provide safety as they won’t come finding us there. Also we will be able to save the game here in the safe house and create a checkpoint. This will serve us as a spawn point after dying. This will also help to save the game in nearby safe house before undertaking any mission.

The worst part of The Secret World is that it has some big cities like New York, London and Seoul. But there isn’t a single building or house which we can enter and explore. I mean in such a large city, there is no single shop or hotel to explore and hide. This game lacks the interior part that some structures should have. I too agree that players need to have housing system in game like The Secret World. This housing should have been used for storage of weapons and items that we don’t need. It is funny to see a character carrying extra guns, extra ammo, extra armor and other items required in quest in same back pack and running around. I don’t think that any normal human being will be able to carry such weight around easily and not get tired. Safe houses could have been used to store this extra stuff as well as hide our character safely from outside dangers.

The Secret World should also have a common hub where the players can meet each other. They can have a bar or secret hideout where many players can meet, chat with each other. Exchange and trade items and weapons they found in the game. This would be fun as we would be able to share our experiences. It would also be realistic as a player who has reached in a dangerous part of the area can tell the player new to the area about dangers he will have to face. So this will serve as the main social point in this game. This hub will also serve as the planning point for the team mates, where they can decide where to travel next without being attacked by some monster. EA Games can also have some mini-games in this hub where two players can compete with each other, place bets and win items. These mini games can include games like dart, bowling or maybe card games like BlackJack or Poker.

The Secret World should also have a common hub where the players can meet each other. They can have a bar or secret hideout where many players can meet, chat with each other. Exchange and trade items and weapons they found in the game.
    That’s a good idea and I too think that there should be such a place. It must also have a dealer who will trade items that you don’t need or maybe you need. But I think that it will be high on graphics as the interior will itself need to have textures and all. To add in this, there will be more players coming in. I think a small house is enough for a MMO game. This house will have a bed where the player can rest, in other words, save the game. Then some crates to store surplus weapons and ammo. A computer should be present which will provide with daily news of The Secret World game. This computer should be given many other uses like getting side quests, friend’s list and their details like mission they recently completed and points they have. Also there should be an in-game store that will provide weapons, ammo and other items. Ordering from home will have it delivered inside the home after some hours. Also the house can have maximum of four people, enough for team meetings.

Having a safe house won’t be a big problem for EA Games, but how will they distribute among thousands of players that might be around a specific safe house at a same time. It would seem weird to see hundreds of people entering a small hut or maybe cottage that is used as safe hose. I think there should be secret bases for every organization. It will be cool if the Templars have secret underground bases that will look like stony caves from inside. There will be small rooms which will house the characters. Using these techniques, developers won’t have to show many characters as the players can assume that rest of the players are inside their rooms. Similarly, Illuminati will have some abandoned building as their hideout and Dragon can have some portable bases. This concept seems cool and practical. These places will serve as saving point, loading point and spawning point. Also ammo can be loaded out here.

The Secret World should also include new PvP arenas. This will help player to have internal fights and improve their skills. It would also be fun to have leaderboards that will have points of the players with highest kills. I think there should be variety of matches. That will take place, like deathmatches, team deathmatches and gladiator like matches. By Gladiator like matches, I mean, that a player or maybe a group of player should left in an open arena with some monsters attacking them. This PvP arena will be good for having different fights other than normal quests and missions.