Thread: Civilization V: Gods & Kings is coming at a discounted rate?

Civilization V: Gods & Kings is coming at a discounted rate?

I watched the trailer of Civilization V: Gods & Kings and I was eager to play this game. I wanted to buy this game but found it hard to get it from local vendor as it is not available in my region. So the only way to get the game was to buy it online. I searched some websites like Amazon, Steam, Flipkart and some more for the game. But all the prices were almost same. While searching I came across a website by name Green man Gaming which was giving Civilization V: Gods & Kings at a discounted rate of $26. I mean how come some website reduce price of the game by around 40% as compared to original publisher of the game, that is, Steam? Should I buy game from this website, will it come with full features or will the game be ripped?

Re: Civilization V: Gods & Kings is coming at a discounted rate?

I know that some websites that provide games at discounted rate, but they cannot be trusted. If they are providing the game from Steam, then it may happen that this game does not include the Steam play in the game. So in one way or other, the game will have some part missing from it. I don’t know about the ripped part, but I haven’t heard about Green man gaming. If it is providing you at discounted rate, then it well and good, there is no problem in buying it. You can try once and see if the game is proper or not. Maybe the Green Man gaming is reducing its own profits to provide games in cheap prices. I once purchased a pirated copy of game from one such source. The main single player part was cool and working properly. But if tried to connect online for multiplayer gameplay, it would not do so. To avoid getting the pirated game gets caught from the developers, they eliminated the part where it needed to connect online server.