Thread: First person modes in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

First person modes in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

I just played the first mission of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and liked the game very much. The graphics of the game are awesome and the gameplay is very good. I liked the way we can stealthily execute the enemies and use the sync shot. The way in which the game has used the cameras to show the surroundings when in slow motion is also stunning. I think that this game would have been more fun if it was made to play in the first person shooter mode instead of third person shooter. It would have been more fun and interesting to play. What do other people think about this?

Re: First person modes in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Actually the game is designed in such way that playing the game in first person shooter would actually remove the fun factor from the game. The graphics are awesome and having the game in third person shooter is the only way in which the developers could have shown it off to the players. Also the game involves stealth gameplay, so having it in third person allows covering large area that is needed to view the movements of the enemy in an area. Also third person mode will allow the player to have a good view of the sync shot I slow motion. If this game was in first person shooter, the camera animation of the game would have seem weird as the camera would have come out of the player’s view and then proceed to turn around the player’s character. I think that this game is best as it is and I don’t think that there is any need for any change.

I agree that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier would have been great in first person shooter. It would have added realism to the game as it would have shown hands of our character in motion when we have ordered our team mates. Also it would have given us experience as if we are walking around the place. The best part would have been when we use melee attack to kill an enemy. It would have realistic to watch our character hold the enemy and then kill him. I think Ubisoft should have provided option for switchable views for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier so the people who want to play it in first person shooter view can switch to it and people who wanted to play it in normal third person mode can play in it. Also talking about wrong camera movements, that is, camera switching from persons view to around the character view wouldn’t make much difference as this has already been done in many games before, that is Fallout 3. I think that Ubisoft should bring out a patch for first person shooter mode.

Having first person shooter would be bad in this game. For having the first person shooter camera, developers would have needed to add the usual features like camera shakes while sprinting, hit indicator, blood theme on the screen when the character gets hit and many other details. This would take a lot of efforts and resource form developer’s side. To match the quality of the game’s graphics, the detailing for this too would be needed to be high. So creating and implementing this in a game like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier would be tough for the developers. Also this would have increased the total size of the game as it would have called for extra animation and textures.

Switchable views are impossible in such a game with high end graphics. I think that to implement such a system developers will need to provide options where user has to choose which view he wants to play in before starting the main game. The textures will play a big role in this. When a player will be playing in third person shooter mode, there will be no need to have high resolution textures on characters hand as they won’t be seen closely. But when in first person shooter mode, if less resolution texture is used, they will pixilated and won’t give proper effect. So, again high resolution textures for hand would be needed in the view. This switching of texture is not easy and some irregularities in working of graphic card can lead to improper loading. So switchable views in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is not practical.