Thread: End of Nations will have naval units?

End of Nations will have naval units?

I have just started playing End of Nations and I have fought just one war. I liked the game and am very excited about it. I am a curious type of person and so I was in hurry to know what will the further levels and wars in this will bring. So I was watching videos shared by other users on internet. In one of those videos I saw war taking place and big ships attacking. I wanted to ask the players who have played End of Nations for a long time and have fought many battles that will we be given naval units to fight as the game progresses? So will there be cross land wars too in End of Nations?

Re: End of Nations will have naval units?

Right now the game is new and thus there are no naval units in this game. The developers might have them in further developments, but as for now the only naval units present in End of Nations are just NPCs. You cannot select them or control them in anyway. They will perform the pre assigned actions and will not provide any option to change it. It would be great to have naval units in this game, but it will take some time and some more efforts from developer’s side to have them successfully implemented in the game. Just having the naval units designed and putting in the game won’t do. The developers will need to design and program the animation for their attacks, responses and actions. More important than these animations will be the animation for water. The movement of water when the ship will sink or explode, the animation of water when ship moves. This again will bring variation as ships can be of different sizes and weight.

It would be fun to have battles in water using the naval units. I recently played Naval War: Arctic Circle and it had exciting water battles. When the developers of End of Nations will introduce naval units, I wish they would bring a large variety in units. I would like to play using normal attacking ships with turrets and canons. Big ships that will launch less attacks, but when it will attack, it will do a large amount of damage. Also Aircraft carriers would be great to have sir fights between the seas. To beat all this, there will again be submarines, which will use torpedoes to dig holes in the bottom of big ships. I would also like the developers to have navy seals who will have special ability to swim on large ship undetected and sneak inside kill all the crew inside it. These ships will then stop attacking and become useless. Since there would be cross land fights where there will be water between two land masses. So there should be naval units which will be able to carry land units across waters.

It would be fun to have water in the game in which we can fight. But this will take time from developer’s side as they will need to design them. Also the naval units can be attacked by land units if they come close and vice versa. So they will need to design this part with attack and range of it. Also many animations will be needed. If developers of End of Nations are planning on sea battles, then I’d say that they should have NPC pirates. They won’t be teaming with any faction and they should be individual. It would be fun to have three sided battles with pirates interrupting both the sides. I think that implementing all this will call for more server space and resources. So we should be patient and wait for developers to do what they do best.
    One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.