Thread: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier pc version will have ranked dedicated servers

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier pc version will have ranked dedicated servers

I have pre-ordered PC version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and will be playing the day it comes to me. Since the game is also available for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, I am thinking that all the games will be played on same server. I think that this will create problem as some actions are easy to be performed on Xbox 360 controller due to closeness of the keys and easy access. As compared to it, maybe key configuration for PC version might be such that keys won’t be quickly accessible. This will create some problem if player using PC and Xbox 360 are connected in a same game. I wanted to know if the multiplayer game of PC will have a dedicated server or will it share the server space with multiplayer games for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360?

Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier pc version will have ranked dedicated servers

I think that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will have a dedicated server for playing the PC version. The game will have connectivity option for 8 players in the online multiplayer mode while connectivity option for 12 players in multiplayer mode for LAN. Also the host of the game should have complete right of what ping value should the person be allowed to join the game. Or maybe the game should by default not allow people with ping value of 250 to join the game. I live in Sydney and I get to play with people from Australia and New Zealand to play properly. But someone from America or Canada joins the game, he has high ping value. So because of that player, the game always lags or becomes unplayable. Also there should be option for creating password protected matches for clans.

Ubisoft should see to it that when they start a dedicated server for PC version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier they also use some high level of anti-cheat mechanism. Cheating on a PC game is very easy as compared to the game on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Ubisoft should apply some hard rules like complete ban on the person’s IP who is caught cheating. Also there should be a ranking system where the person with highest wins or kills will be topper. Also there should be some weekly gifts like bonus guns or skins for gun. These gifts will be given to the toppers of the leaderboards. But in this system it may happen that, person with most time will be on top of the leaderboard. The leaderboard should be refreshed every week so that it will give chance to some other player too.

The public match of multiplayer mode of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will have a chat window before the match starts. This will allow the teams and its members to chat with each other. The purpose of this chat window is not for fun but to set rules for the match. Many times it is seen that teams set rules like no use of specific weapon or area. This can be achieved in this first 60 seconds. Private matches will not have this 60 seconds timer before the match. The match will start as soon as the host launches it by clicking on start. In private match, you will be able to add members you are familiar with. The public matches will use quick matchmaking method. None of these, matches will have spectator mode. Options like Squad tag, manage leadership, change motto, manage members will be provided in squad customization.
    One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.