Thread: PC version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier should be cancelled

PC version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier should be cancelled

I have been playing games since last many years. Before I owned Xbox 360, I used to play games on PC. Even now I play some games on PC and most of the games on my Xbox 360. From all me experience I can tell you that once a game is played on Xbox 360, I never play the game again on PC. Also I think that making a fake copy of a PC game is quite easier than that of Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 games. Game like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will get a good amount of buyers and fans after its release. If the game is released for PC, then the developers will have to put in large amount of efforts and resources to bring it out in market. But after making it available in the market, people will hack it and create pirated copies. This will take more buyers than the original game. Also many will load the game on internet for free downloads which will again be loss for Ubisoft. So I think that PC version of such a good game should be avoided by Ubisoft. What do other people feel about it?

Re: PC version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier should be cancelled

Yes, I too think that PC version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier should be avoided if it is ported version of Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 version. The ported version of most of the games turns out to be disaster because of improper key binding. Also many times it happens that resolution for PC are never provided in the ported game. One has to adjust the resolution from the configuration file. Also there is lack of options for features like multi screen resolution or 3D vision. When they are tried to make work for these features, they give a bad result. For example, I played Risen 2: Dark Waters recently which had no support for multi screen setup. When resolution was adjusted, all the textures seemed to be stretched and pixilated. This method would just stretch the graphics at maximum resolution along with the monitor’s edges.

Re: PC version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier should be cancelled

Comeon, not every people playing PC games are not pirates and go on hacking games. Also pirating games stops it from connecting it to the online servers. So this means that people who purchase pirated copies of PC games miss the part in which they would be able to compete on multiplayer games. Also on the pirated versions do not provide DLCs. Thus by pirating a PC game, neither does the company lose everything, neither the user gets everything. Also what has the PC gamers done wrong that you want to deprive them of such a good game. As compared to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, PC provides more flexibility in the amount of hardware provided to the game. This helps the game to be played in higher resolution and graphical details than the game in Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Also when talking about mismatched keys, PC versions allow to connect the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 controllers in the game.