Thread: Turn off permadeath in Krater game

Turn off permadeath in Krater game

I have been playing Krater for quite some hours and I have learnt that there is no permanent character in this game. We have to hire soldiers, upgrade them and collect experience points to upgrade their levels. But one thing I was disappointed about this game was that once a soldier is dead, we cannot get them back. We have to hire a new soldier in his place. I am currently at the beginning levels and so I don’t know how difficult the game will become in the later stages. But I wanted to know if the game will be finished if I lose all the three soldiers in my team? Isn’t there any option to have the permanent death option turned off?

Re: Turn off permadeath in Krater game

I know that this feature of soldier completely dying and need for buying is not interesting. But let me tell you that there is no legal way of turning off the permanent death of a soldier. I know how bad it feels when you upgrade and improve a soldier to a high level and then suddenly he dies in a fight. The next soldier you get might have good basic ratings for attributes and skill, but the old one which you developed seems more useful and effective as you are used to it. I have been in the further levels, maybe completed around sixty to seventy missions. The difficulty has increased a bit as compared to the missions in the beginning. There came a time when my two out of three soldiers died in a fight. I was lucky that I got a new soldier nearby and I hired him. But I haven’t heard from anyone that if all three soldiers die then its game over.

There are three ways in which a soldier will suffer permadeath depending upon the difficulty at which the player is playing Krater. Every soldier has a stamina bar which shows his health. On getting hit by the enemies, this stamina gets reduced depending on the hit. When this stamina bar gets depleted, the soldier is knocked out and their injury meter will start filling up. Once the injury meter is filled up in Krater, the soldier will be dead permanently. Also when the injury meter is filling, some of the attributes of the soldier will be in negative. When playing in casual difficulty, before the injury meter fills up, if you find a doctor, then he can cure your soldier and bring him back to normal. In the normal difficulty, the character cannot be revived and will be dead permanently as soon as soldier receives fourth injury. In hardcore mode, the soldier will receive injury every time he is knocked out by enemies attack. If the injury is kept untreated, the soldier will suffer permadeath.

I think that this concept of permadeath and replacement of soldier is a cool feature added by Fatshark in Krater. This feature adds a new challenge for gamers who have habit of playing with single hero character in every RPG game. I don’t know what happens when all three soldiers die in Krater, but I hope that this doesn’t call for game over. I think that after all three soldiers are dead; game must be giving the player random three players to continue game with. You know it feels so bad to lose a soldier especially the one which was upgraded to reach a higher level. Alas, there is no way of turning it off. I think that in coming days, some person might hack this game’s code and bring out cheat or trainer to help us with it.
    One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.