Thread: What is Krater game all about?

What is Krater game all about?

I just saw a game in recent releases by name Krater. I never heard about this game before or saw any advertise or promotional video about it. Today when I checked Steam, I saw this game on sale there. I watched some trailers of it but couldn’t get much idea what it was about. It had some tiny characters moving around the screen but couldn’t understand what the concept was. Can someone tell me in detail what the Krater game is about?

Re: What is Krater game all about?

Krater is a RPG game that is played from Top Down view. The game is set in the post apocalyptic world which is after three millenniums from now. The world has been destroyed due to nuclear wars, bio-weapon plagues, kinetic impacts and all consuming swarms. The human beings on whole earth have almost become extinct except for some few humans who survived this catastrophe. Civilization has become extinct and creatures from another planet have started roaming on earth. This creates a war between the aliens and the remaining human beings on Earth. In this whole process, the surviving humans have created enough population over centuries enough to create many small civilizations all over the planet. Though primitive type of societies, they have been fighting for the small amount of the resources left on the planet. These small wars have started a chain of some events that have caused mayhem.

To survive in the world of Krater one has to craft weapons and build and develop characters that will fight and survive. The world can be explored by the players and collect objects to upgrade one’s team. The environment is designed colorful and vast. Environment consists of open deserts, pine tree forests and towns made of cottages. The centre of this world has a huge crater which has created a deep hole that no human has ever seen or ever dug. One of the objectives is to dig and reach the depth of this crater and explore what’s inside. As you go on digging inside the crater’s hole you will encounter many other diggers belonging to other factions or free diggers. You have to fight them to loot the things they have found.

Krater features a faction by name Solside which is the largest and with highest population of all factions in this game. This faction occupies the northern part of the crater and consists of small settlements and towns. But the capital of this faction is made up of a sprawling buildings and houses. Stadsraad is the government of Solside which is controlled by eleven Raadsmen who are lead by Stadshövding. This faction claims to be the direct desendants of the actual survivoirs that were left after the crater fell and destroyed surroundings. Soliside is an Oligarchy as it is controlled and managed by three families. According to the story, Solside was the sole ruler of the Krater in past many years ago. This was possible because of good support provided to them by Storsätra Kingdom. They supported them financially and also by providing military. Their wish was to conquer the whole forever and have it all for themselves. They had established a good amount of power inside the hole by deploying troops and numerous bases inside it. But one day all of it disappeared without leaving any trace. Reason of this disaster was unknown and so was the cause. Later on Storsätra Kingdom withdrew its support from Solside leading to its fall. In the Krater game, Solside is shown to be in a stagnant form and economy in depression.