Thread: Is the PC gameplay of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier good?

Is the PC gameplay of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier good?

Now that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier has been released for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, soon it will be released for PC too. I wanted to ask how will be this game for PC, I mean as compared to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 version, will it be of higher level or of the same level. What difference will we be able to see among the PC version from its other versions? How will be the gameplay as compared to other games that are war based like Ghost Recon: Future Soldier? Can somebody tell me about it?

Re: Is the PC gameplay of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier good?

Nowadays we are observing that games that are released for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC have a large difference between them. The PC versions of the games have higher level of graphics and animations as compared to Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 version. This difference was seen in Max Payne 3 and Alan Wake. So I hope that even Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will follow this pattern. PC provides a good hardware that can be extended till higher level. As compared to PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 have a restricted hardware that cannot be extended or upgraded. Thus, the quality of the game is higher for PC if compared with Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. When the games are developed for the three platforms, there are two types of games for PC. One is that which is first developed for either Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 and then ported to PC; the other one is where the PC version has a different set of people assigned who develop the game in parallel way to Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 version. I hope that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s PC version is not ported from Playstation 3 or Xbox version. These types of games usually have bad control configuration and also lack option to change it. Even the in game instructions for controls will have the keys shown for the other console which usually confuses a player. So my wish is that PC version should be a game that is developed separately for PC.

The gameplay of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is based on tactics and stealth. You have to plan out attacks rather than just attacking the enemy. The tactics includes the pattern in which you need to kill the enemy. For Example, if in an area there are six terrorists standing, then you have to kill them in such a sequence that killing the first one will not let the others know your presence. There will b team along with you which can be used to engage the multiple enemies. The weapons to play a great role in this game as you need to plan every move. You have to select weapons for yourself and your team wisely. You cannot have all long range attackers or head on assaulters. You need team mates to sneak behind enemies and attack them using melee weapons. As the name suggests, Future Soldier, the main concept of the game is to have futuristic technology to beat the enemies. You have sight which can help you see through solid walls and obstacles. You can send drones to scan the area and get to know the positions of your enemy. Once the position is known, you can plan moves and positions for your team mates. Once done you can attack the enemy. You can use camouflage that can cloak your player and help sneak near enemies. So basically, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is different from other action games that we have played.

The graphics will be more detailed for the PC version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier as compared to the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360 version. The PC version of this game can be played in the DirectX 11 mode. The characters will be highly detailed in this game. This detailing of the characters has been achieved with help of Displacement Mapping and Global illumination effects. The materials used to texture the characters and the environment use complex materials which include parallax occlusion mapping, specular mapping and glossiness. The lighting will be dynamic and will have volumetric effect in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. This dynamicity means that even small lights like explosions and small amount of light generated by gun fire will also render shadows of nearby objects. By Volumetric, I mean that, lighting won’t be done just to illuminate the area, but we will be able to see minute dust particles in the atmosphere and fog like effects will be visible giving an illusion of volume in atmosphere. The lighting will also create soft shadows which will be used to create a good amount of depth at the contact point between two objects. The post processing used in this game will be of high level, that is, the trees, foliage, water and other such objects will be designed more realistically. The game will also have effects like motion blur. Also Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will have options to use Xbox 360 gamepad along with keyboard and mouse. So I think that along with the gameplay, it will be visual delight for gamers.